What African Cichlid is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone please tell me what kind of African cichlid this is? Sorry if its blurry

Attachments

• image-3772056551.jpg
    image-3772056551.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 156
Sure save the hard one for last lol. I'm not sure on this one

Another question since you seem to know a hell of a lot about malawis. I like the way I have this tank set up with all the caves and what not buy that's the problem. They are always hiding and rarely come out. How can I fix this?

Attachments

• image-2644909067.jpg
    image-2644909067.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 121
Another question since you seem to know a hell of a lot about malawis. I like the way I have this tank set up with all the caves and what not buy that's the problem. They are always hiding and rarely come out. How can I fix this?

Is it a new set up? Are the fish little? (Sorry I can't see the pics :/) I wouldn't sweat them being shy right now, soon they will follow u back & forth everytime u come near the tank, like lil puppy dogs begging for a treat :)

Is it a new set up? Are the fish little? (Sorry I can't see the pics :/) I wouldn't sweat them being shy right now, soon they will follow u back & forth everytime u come near the tank, like lil puppy dogs begging for a treat :)

Yes it is only about a month old and they are still only 1-1.5" long

Mine all go to the middle of the tank as soon as I walk in the door from work. They know when I am home it is feeding time. I always tap on the frame of the tank twice and they herd to the middle for treats.

You may have aggression problems but with the tank being 48" long I wouldn't think it would stunt them. I just wouldn't get anything that's bigger than 5" and smaller would be the best.

That last one doesn't look like a Rusty. It's to lightly colored.

And you won't run into aggression problems when their that young. A 40 is fine for about a year....

Back
Top Bottom