What?!?! An Actual 'Planted Tank' on the TV Show 'Tanked'? Shocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone else catch the last episode of Tanked? I don't really watch this show often but when I do, I've seen a majority of SW tanks... I've seen a few FW builds, but nothing special... especially with LIVE PLANTS! LOL

It was funny to watch Wayde King do some research on lighting and plants... they seemed to be stumbling around on the process. :lol:

Anyway, here's that tank they scaped. They were actually trying to "SCAPE" with slopes and all in mind.. rather than their other tanks where they just drop in fake decor and gimmicky props. LOL... I hope to see more episode like that but I doubt it.

ibrS6sVpIEy84W.jpg

Here'a a clip of that segment... watching the full episode was better because you see them out of their comfort zone trying to figure out a FW planted build!

Tanked: Reveal: Underwater Forest Tank : Video : Animal Planet

Last edited:
Anyone else catch the last episode of Tanked? I don't really watch this show often but when I do, I've seen a majority of SW tanks... I've seen a few FW builds, but nothing special... especially with LIVE PLANTS! LOL

It was funny to watch Wayde King do some research on lighting and plants... they seemed to be stumbling around on the process. :lol:

Anyway, here's that tank they scaped. They were actually trying to "SCAPE" with slopes and all.. rather than their other tanks where they just drop in fake decor and gimmicky props. LOL... I hope to see more episode like that but I doubt it.

Here'a a clip of that segment... watching the full episode was better because you them out of their zone trying to figure out a FW planted build!

Tanked: Reveal: Underwater Forest Tank : Video : Animal Planet

That giant school of neons look AWESOME

First tank I wish I had from them!

Yeah the sheer number of Neons, Cardinals, and Rummynose is breathtaking. I'd love to have a large school like that! Wowzers!!!

I wish Tanked and Fish Tank Kings would do more planted tanks. They either do saltwater or African Cichlid tanks most of the time.

Those Tetra and Hatchet schools were amazing! I would love to do a large planted tank someday with nothing but a large school of small fish.

I'd like to see how long the discus and plants actually last lol. Not a fan of the scape it looks very plasticky. Kinda obvious that they are not into aquascaping "o-naCHURal" haha. I guess it's a start.

I've seen them throw live plants in a build before... "Oh it'll help suck up nitrates and make for a healthier, natural tank... Blah blah blah..." ...or something along those lines was said...

Yep, bro, it's as simple as that! :facepalm:

Not long ago Fish Tank Kings did a planted tank too. Definitely not what they are used to doing to say the least. But at least the FTK's has their "geek" who's name escapes me right now who has a better understanding of how living things, including plants work.

Francis is his name, I use remembered!

I've seen them throw live plants in a build before... "Oh it'll help suck up nitrates and make for a healthier, natural tank... Blah blah blah..." ...or something along those lines was said...

Yep, bro, it's as simple as that! :facepalm:

Haha I'm glad I wasn't the only one with those thoughts. The lighting was pretty piss poor if I remember as well. I give it 1-2 weeks before it starts looking like the lakes of Chernobyl

Back
Top Bottom