what are normal parameters for an ESTABLISHED tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
arent there going to be at least some nitrate/nitrite/ etc present? I also use real ocean water I buy in boxes online to do water changes.

But apparently my ammonia is 0.1 according to the LFS. lost a Potters angel to a recent addition to a tank with some other fish. The other fish are ok. Couldn't get a refund over 0.1. Sucked. Does this even make such a difference? Those API DIY kits don't even reach that high. They go from 0 to 0.25 and according to me it was 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They wouldn't refund because of a .1 ammonia reading? Sounds like a great way to never give refunds. A new addition or dead fish would almost expect a very minor ammonia reading as the bacteria in the tank would need to adjust.

They wouldn't refund because of a .1 ammonia reading? Sounds like a great way to never give refunds. A new addition or dead fish would almost expect a very minor ammonia reading as the bacteria in the tank would need to adjust.

Yeah I agree. But something must have been up with my tank. I removed my dead potter right after it died. When I got back home after a day my black and white damsel of 7 years did not look good and later found him dead. My Singapore angel was not well and I didn't think he would make it. I did a water change and added some beneficial bacteria and double dose of Prime to the tank that my store had suggested. This morning he was dead. Hope this is the end. I have never experienced such a die off!!

7 years without anything like this.

Starting a new thread. Came home to another one. :-(

Back
Top Bottom