What are the plant-growth limits of these lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually pretty high, I assume you would use the 48" on ur 55g, you could grow pretty much what ever you wanted, pretty sure high light depending on how long you have the daylights on for.

If you click on the Product Manuals & Instructions tab at the bottom of that link, there's a chart that has PAR data.

At 24" from light to substrate distance, they claim 83 PAR. So you'll be in high light range and will need pressurized CO2 and/or Glut dosing aside from comprehensive ferts.

I personally like LED fixtures that have dimming capability. If high output is what you're after, also take a look at the BML (buildmyled.com) and Ecoxotic E-Series fixtures. Both these lights can be dimmed for prolonged viewing time.

Yeah this was one of the lights I was looking at and along with the eco-xotic are the only to "powerful" lights that will automatically go to moonlight, and while it doesn't have full sunrise/sunset it can have the RGB LED's come one before and go off after the daylights.

I was going to run 2 48" ones on my 150g but didn't know if it would be to much light or not, so I went with a T5 HO that is to much light anyway lol.

Back
Top Bottom