What are these and can they live together in a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved to FW general discussion.
As per the sticky in profiles section:
The purpose of this forum is to post informative threads about freshwater fish, inverts and plants. Don't post questions in this forum. If you have a FW fish, invert or plant that you want to tell us about please post a picture of it and a description of it and any info that the FW aquarist will need. If anyone else has any more info on it they will post to that thread. It should be that anyone that wants to know about a certain fish, invert, or plant can come to this forum and read up on it. Please post your questions in the other forums and post your knowledge and experience in this one.

Herichthys cyanoguttatus and Heros efasciatus can coexist depending on the individual personality of the texas, one is extremely peaceful and other can be very aggressive.

the second one is a texas, but i wouldn't personally put it in a 55g. jmo

animalzrok2 said:
the second one is a texas, but i wouldn't personally put it in a 55g. jmo

Thanks. Shes has two tanks a 37 gallon and a 55. She wants them both in the 55.

I have one id as a jewel cichlid and the other a hero.

The 1st picture is a Heros of some sort. The second looks like a Texas Cichlid to me. Definitely not a Jewel, IMO and I wouldn't put them together. That is a beautiful Heros!

Thanks. Shes has two tanks a 37 gallon and a 55. She wants them both in the 55.

I have one id as a jewel cichlid and the other a hero.

I don't understand you PM'ed me and asked for help and I've given the scientific names, why are you still trying to ID them?

Yes they can exist together as I said depending on the individual temperment of the HC.

Last edited:
Ha ha i don't know maybe they didnt know. No harm done its ok they are trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom