What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acronuts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
Does anyone know what these are? They setup shop in my tank and I wanted to know if they were some type of pesky anemone?

img_930185_0_cfb97e494916b866fc4bf2c5d031edcd.jpg

img_930185_1_0bc4fa617319a375123153ce26688525.jpg

not exactly sure what we r supposed to be lookin at so im goin with the brown frilly things? they seem to be button polyps.

Hard to tell on the 1st pic. They might be majano pest anemonies. Can you get a better pic looking down at them?
The 2nd pic is palythoas (button polyps).

I am with ccCapt I believe it's looks like majano anemonies.... better pic would determine the final outcome.
:)

I agree that the second pic looks like button polyps. Really cant tell on the 1st pic.

oh, i thought they were a pic of the same thing from a different angle. porb not tho. idk what monjano anemones really look like so idk for the 1st pic.

I would say the first pic is Manjano. If you blow the image up you can get a better view of the tentacles and the have the bulb look to them like that of manjano. The second pic I would agree with Cccapt though a closer pic of them would help too.

Back
Top Bottom