What Are Your Fish Named?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
dkpate's Why Me post prompted me to ask if most people name their fish, or not. Do you name your fish? If so, what are your fishes' names? Here's what my fish are named:

40 Gallon:

- Lady - fancy ryukin goldfish
- Blanche - silver molly
- Guy Noir - black velvet molly
- Pumpkin - orange balloon belly molly
- Angelo - Angelfish
- Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod - neon tetras
- Sakura and Blossom - cherry barbs
- Mary and Miette - powder blue gouramis
- Satsuma and Sundrop - sunset wag platies
- Margeaux and Marguerite - ADFs
- Gary and Rhoomba - mystery snails

10 Gallon:

- Jimmy - albino cory catfish
- Silver - silver molly
- Oreo - dalmatian molly
- Carl - ADF
- 3 lyretail guppies, not yet named
- 8 baby mollies, not yet named

2.5 Gallon:

- Kermit and Frogger - ADFs

Share your fishy names! :)

I dont name mine, but my wife has named a few of them. All of my platy fry are named fred. So there are alot of freds in my 55g right now. All of my multis have been named ernie. She likes to simplify things so that if you point to a fish, you cant get their names mixed up

The ones in my 55 are, although my friend named them:
Lucas Ralph Williams- Red Zebra
Tulula- Yellow Lab
George- Yellow Lab
Corey Tennessee Williams-Yellow Lab
Sally- Red Zebra
Opal- Yellow Lab
Lily- Red Zebra
Tyreesha- Red Zebra
All of which are Tagged in my Facebook album XD
Gender is disregarded lol

Elvis~ BGK
Gun~ HM betta
Diablo Rojo~ VT betta
Shy~ VT betta
Spot~ VT betta
Willow~ Dwarf gourami
Lucy & Ethel~ H. Rasboras
Crazy~ All 6 of the Brown Loaches
Destroyer~ Mystery snail
Bit~ Mystery Snail

I have not named the 4 Endler's hybrids yet, they should all just be called Beggar's. LOL

I dont name mine, but my wife has named a few of them. All of my platy fry are named fred. So there are alot of freds in my 55g right now. All of my multis have been named ernie. She likes to simplify things so that if you point to a fish, you cant get their names mixed up

Weird, I named one of my Yellow Labs Fred (although he is no longer with us :bawl:)

Corey Tennessee Williams-Yellow Lab

I had a guppy named Tennessee Tuxedo; unfortunately, we lost him. I came downstairs one morning and Tennessee's tail was hanging out from Lady's mouth :-0

Gender is disregarded lol

Same here! We do know that Lady, our goldfish, is male - my son was insistent on naming the fish Lady. I was like *shrug* Okay, if you really want to . . . LOL! Some other fish that we had, but unfortunately lost, were Charles the betta, Felix and Oscar the dwarf gouramis, Erik the ADF, and Lucky the guppy (who was not so lucky in the long run :( )

Aww thts sad. The reason mine was named Corey Tennessee Williams (by a friend) is earlier that day in school we watched a documentary on the playwrite Tennessee Williams who wrote plays like The Glass Menagerie and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Unknowingly my friend named the same fish Corey (she thought they were different fish) so we combined the name lol. Btw you are very creative in your fish naming lol.

Tropic -the alpha red female betta
Yiska -orange female betta
Kingpin -was the alpha, now struggling to maintain... darkish blue female betta
Pysche -light blue female betta
Meho -smallest orange female betta
Pseudo - red and blue female betta

The shimmies -silver-tip tetras
The gang... I guess of peppered corys!

I don't like people that don't bother to name their fish....

We did name our fish. First fantail goldfish didn't have a name as was called 'Fish'. Second goldfish was called 'Forest', as we thought he was a bit dim, the third was called Freddy, after Freddy Mercury.
But as all of these fish died we stopped naming them after that. So they are more like, big black tetra, smaller black tetra and 'the white ones', and you can't tell the Rummynoses apart so they are just 'the rummies'.

My Serpae Tetras are named ST. #1 , ST. #2 , ST. #3 on up to ST. # 7

Same with My Zebra Danios ZD. #1 to ZD. # 6

Original , huh ?

All the otos - Waldo
Male betta - Gus
Male betta - Renji
Female betta - Fiona
Panda cory - Fernando (The other five don't have names.)
Mystery snail - Dimitri
Mystery snail - Casper
My one dwarf neon fry - Weirdo
Raphael cat - Chester
Pictus cat - Zeke

My wife decides which fish are worthy of names.

I always name my fish and have had many cool names for fish I've had in the past. Right now I have three platys and I named them after attacks from the Sailor Moon TV show. There is Moon Tiara Magic, Mercury Aqua Illusion, and Venus Love Chain. My otos are named Otto and Otta, and I'm getting a bamboo shrimp today which I planned to name Starscream or Neytiri, depending on whether it seems like a male or female to me. If I get three more fish of the same kind I want to name them after the three Magi; Gaspar, Balthazar, and Melchior

I love naming my fish they all have creative names too
the tetras are Romulus and Octavius, Botticelli and Donatello, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin and my betta is Remus

julie-the julie corries, lol
pinky- the albino corries
rosy-cherry barbs
mr coolieo-khuli loachs
by the way my 5 year old sister named these lol

Back
Top Bottom