What Are Your Fish Named?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never let the 3 year old pick the names without help.
You would not believe the number of fish they want to be called "FISHY", "LITTLE FISHY", or "BIG FISHY". lol....

larger dragonfish- Ryuu
smaller dragonfish-Tatsu
common pleco- Gonzo
albino chocolate pleco- Lazy
the ghost shrimp- the hoard
the mollies-piglets
the glassfish-the group
tie dyed male betta-Groovy
red/orange male betta-Pyros
black male betta- Manson (as in Marilyn)
dominant jack dempsey- Killroy
submissive jack dempsey- Bones
male jewel- Glow
female jewel- still figuring out her personality
male firemouth- b^stard
female firemouth-b^tch
2 pictus cats-Gomer and Goober
little featherfin cat-Jr.
big featherfin cat- Bruiser
white female betta-pearl
yellow female betta-Sunny
red female betta- Chispa (flame)
yellow male betta- Studmuffin (don't ask)
all the tetras- george
all the giant danios-the swarm
no names for the forktail rainbows, the harlequins or the various other shrimp and fish.

black male betta- Manson (as in Marilyn)

Where did you get a BLACK betta fish? I would love to have a black betta. I just bought two bettas today - a purple, lavender, blue, and crimson crown tail, and a peacock blue regular betta. Are there stores around here that sell black bettas, or did you special order one?

Per your request, I will not ask about Studmuffin ;)

Where did you get a BLACK betta fish? I would love to have a black betta. I just bought two bettas today - a purple, lavender, blue, and crimson crown tail, and a peacock blue regular betta. Are there stores around here that sell black bettas, or did you special order one?

Per your request, I will not ask about Studmuffin ;)

We found him at the Petco here in Longmont. That's the only place we've seen black ones.

Studmuffin tried to spawn with a piece of floating rotala. ;)

We found him at the Petco here in Longmont. That's the only place we've seen black ones.

I should check out the Petco in Westminster. It's not too far of a drive from where I'm at (North Denver). Different chains carry different stuff, and I've only used Petsmart and the Fish Den (great store).

Studmuffin tried to spawn with a piece of floating rotala. ;)

Hahaha! Sounds like my poodle Larry, who actually air humps. He humps . . . nothing at all! Just does this ridiculous humping walk.

I LOVE naming my fish, can't imagine not!

Right now I've got two bettas named Whale and Zeppelin (it's not a Led Zeppelin reference, he's just a bit round :p)

Freshwater:
Orange GloFish - Torpedo
Male Guppy - Ctanley
Albino Bristlenose Pleco - Herbert
(Late) Pink GloFish - Twinkle Persephone (the special ones get middle names, well, they get middle names when we need to scold them for being mean)

Saltwater:
Damsels - Magnum, Lemmy, Ruckus, Butch, and Sarge (full name is Sergeant A-hole)
Cave Goby - Dusty
Two-Spot Goby - Jetson
Firefish Goby - Flash
Mandarin Goby - Manny (my girlfriend named this one)
Bi-Color Blenny - Dantrell
Green Clown Goby - Midgee
Bangai Cardinals - Inky, Pinky, Blinky, and Sue

We try to let our fish "earn" their names. For example, this is how Dusty got his name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3gWUHnnsqs

Back
Top Bottom