What can I add with my Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LukeJ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 28L Tank heated to 24C. My stock is only one male Betta. I'm wanting to make the tank look a little more stock.

Now, Would this make the betta less happy than he is now? (Even if they fish are compatible) Or would it like some company? or just indifferent.

Secondly what fish could i fit in that tank size with a male betta happily?

I really don't know if it will make the betta happy or not, but I would try maybe some neon tetras. I have had an aggressive guppy, and a small amount of fin nibbling ( the bettas fins getting bit) with white clouds, but generally, anything with short fins and a sweet temperament is fine, just make sure you do not overfeed or overstock the tank. I use the one inch of fish per gallon of water method for tropical freshwater. 1 inch per 2 gallons for goldfish and cichlids, 1 inch per 5 gallons for saltwater.

Can you convert liters into gallons for me? I always use use US gallons, because I'm a weirdo. (and a native Virginian)

a few Corydoras could work well, or some female Guppies. IMO the best idea would be to add a small school of 3-4 cories and then a mystery snail or two.

My female guppy is aggressive for some reason, but I think that is rare. Just watch the betta's fins to make sure they don't get nipped. I have 3 white clouds in an unheated 5.5 gallon betta tank, everything is fine except that the betta has torn his fins several times on the decoration. Snails are a good idea just make sure they get enough to eat... never had much luck with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom