What can i do????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have a seahorse thank that needs to be kept at temps of 66/68,the problem i have is that algae is growing on the back of the tank(on the glass).

This has never happened on any of my other tanks,can anyone help me to get rid of this.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Are your parameters in check? Is the light on for a long while?

Do you happen to know what kind of algae it is? There are actually some desirable kinds like Coralline. :)

Have an awesome day, and thanks for joining us!

What can i do

Hi Redsea,

I have just checked my water and that reads all ok,the light is on for around eight hours aday,the same as our other two tanks.

I just dont know what algae it is(it looks like hair algae) as its on some of my lr as well.

I was thinking of taking the lr out and giving it a good clean,but my husband thinks i may do more harm.

What about using an algae scraper? Turn the lights on for less time. Fish only need to see to eat. Ambient light from the windows and/or house lighting will provide enough light for them until you wish to view them. Algae needs water, light, and nutrients to flourish. Do some water changes to reduce the amount of nutrients in the water column.

What can i do??

Hi,

Thanks very much,i will be doing a water change in the next few days,will get the algae off the glass and suck it out while doing the water change.

This is the first time in over 20 odd years that i have had algae like this,could it be because its a cool water tank (66-68 temp).

Anyway will try when i do the water change.

Back
Top Bottom