What can thrive with mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Jw what other options i have for adding in to my 55 gallon all mbuna stock looking for variety pics will help and names thanks in advance

If you are looking for other types of fish, some syndontis catfish would work well. As for other cichlids there's not much. Peacocks are too big to add to a 55 mbuna and so are most haps. The smaller haps will probably get beat up in a 55 mbuna setup so your pretty limited by size and aggression.

I would go with a Featherfin catfish mine is amazing and does just fine with an Oscar and convict cichlid. I'm sure it will do great with mbuna cichlids.

I have a synodontis eruptis in with my Africans. He gets on just fine. He goes where he wants, all the other fish stay out of his way. He's a big chunk and strong swimmer. Tons of personality.

Pics would help so i know what im looking for and i wanna stay away from any pleco breeds do to waste production lol and jw could i get away with clown loches lol jw

I feel like clowns wouldn't do well with mbuna. Plus you need a 125 gallon to house them properly. Your best bet is a syndontis species.

Many Suckermouth Catfish will do great and will be completly ignored! In my photo album on my profile I have a pic of one in with my mbunas if you would like to take a look at him and see if you like the looks of it and I will do some research for you! Hope you find a new addition to the family soon!

Many Suckermouth Catfish will do great and will be completly ignored! In my photo album on my profile I have a pic of one in with my mbunas if you would like to take a look at him and see if you like the looks of it and I will do some research for you! Hope you find a new addition to the family soon!

Word i will and thanks i wont buy till i do some research lol lol thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom