what could i be doing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay so ijust played god and whacked the last one.

That sucks! Heat will kill the planaria too. The problem with leaving food in the tank is that it gets into the water column and stays there. Two light feedings (a tiny tiny pinch) a day should be enough for any fish tank with mature fish.

My water system album can be found at the following link:

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - dwayne.aycock's Album: My Tap Water Filtration System

I made the system from various parts from Home Depot and lowes. I built the system a little at a time, and added / removed parts based on water tests for TDS, conductivits, PH, ammonia / chloramines, algae and temp. This system is outside in a shaded area of my yard. I break the system dowm every 6 months and do a good scrubbing and filter maintenance. To make sure I have NO little nasties in the tank, I run the water through a UV sterilizer. When the water comes out of the storage barrel, it is 92+ degrees. I have to let it cool about 8 degrees before adding to my tank.
Good Luck!
D

My water system album can be found at the following link:

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - dwayne.aycock's Album: My Tap Water Filtration System

I made the system from various parts from Home Depot and lowes. I built the system a little at a time, and added / removed parts based on water tests for TDS, conductivits, PH, ammonia / chloramines, algae and temp. This system is outside in a shaded area of my yard. I break the system dowm every 6 months and do a good scrubbing and filter maintenance. To make sure I have NO little nasties in the tank, I run the water through a UV sterilizer. When the water comes out of the storage barrel, it is 92+ degrees. I have to let it cool about 8 degrees before adding to my tank.
Good Luck!
D

Dwayne, your system rocks!!! I love the the peat and almond leaves. I put a small bag of peat granules in my filter and I have a 2 stage filter for my tap, but my system is basic compared to your multi-stage filtration. Your discus must LOVE you. Do you have some recent photos of your tanks? :)

Back
Top Bottom