What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some new babies.

Male and female platy

image-2607570801.jpg

image-43141719.jpg

Male and female swordtail

image-2155890151.jpg

image-3302413057.jpg

They went into my bottom 10 with a female platy a female swordtail and some fry (just under an inch guppy and platy fry)

Got a new marine-blue lightbulb (the old one has decided to finish its cooperation with me)-- it is still a Tropical tank, I just wanted to have some nice lighting for evenings for my fishes. Also-- changed the water (around 50%), added two Lady Guppies and watched the newborn Mollie-babies trying hard not to get themselves eaten by Gourami and/or other Mollies. And Tetras...

Got a bare 10 gallon tank when I was at Walmart, and will be going back tomorrow for the other one they had. I couldn't find a way to put both of them in my basket safely so I decided to just stop back in after work tomorrow. One will be a betta spawning tank and the other will be a new home for my two male Bettas. I'm going to build a divider for it later tonight.

Got a bare 10 gallon tank when I was at Walmart, and will be going back tomorrow for the other one they had. I couldn't find a way to put both of them in my basket safely so I decided to just stop back in after work tomorrow. One will be a betta spawning tank and the other will be a new home for my two male Bettas. I'm going to build a divider for it later tonight.

What materials will you building the divider out of?

I Added 2 golf balls to the bottom of my tank. It is in my man cave and is sports themed of course!

What materials will you building the divider out of?

Craft mesh. Just finished up... And I had a bit of a silicone disaster. If I can't get it looking cleaner tomorrow I may have to take a razor to the whole thing and start over.

I went to use the tube of silicone I have left from building a slate cave structure, but the silicone in the tip had clogged. I was trying to get that stuff out when I realized all of my attempts to squeeze some of the clog out had busted the back of the tube. So I ended up just digging into the other end of the tube and fingerprinting it on. The divider is attached but I will have to clean up the glass on the sides of it. Lots of smears, lol. And it took a good 10 minutes to wash my hands. There are still bits of silicone stuck to my hands, and I got some on my shirt.

Today I water tested my 46 gallon corner tank I built out of an old set of patio doors, held water with no leaks for 5 hours. Had to drain it because its supposed to get cold tonight.

Attachments

• image-447037763.jpg
    image-447037763.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 84
Nice work, aquaman!

Cleaned the 55g and did a big PWC. Drained the 125g (new used tank) and started cleaning it & wanted to buy pool filter sand but home depot didnt have it this time...will hit Ace. Have mapped out a plan for the 125 as far as filter. also bought a tarp that will go inside just in case water leaks & wont get soaked up by the wood.

I saw a web page for a fish store in the next larger town 60 miles North of here. I wasn't doing anything special today so I drove up to check it out. Had trouble finding it. It was a little(not so little)out of the way, privately owned shop. What a great shop it was!! I was in fish geek nirvana!! Crystal clear tanks, healthy happy fish, great merchandise. They had about 7 or 8 different color variations of Rams. Some I never heard of before and they were gorgeous! I found me a GOOD fish shop. Good bye big box stores! OS.

Cleaned up the silicone work on the tank I put a divider in last night. Bought the other 10 gallon that Walmart had. Now to get some sand rinsed for the first 10 and get a background on it!

Hey Alyxx! Did you get the silicone of the ceiling yet?? LMAO. Loved your earlier post!
OS.

Hehe, glad you were amused! I am just happy my hands are no longer encased in the stuff... But, the divider is in place. It held pretty nicely.

Today I water tested my 46 gallon corner tank I built out of an old set of patio doors, held water with no leaks for 5 hours. Had to drain it because its supposed to get cold tonight.
Very Impressive. You definitely have some talent!!

Put sand in the newly divided and painted 10 gallon and hooked up a sponge filter and the heater. Looks pretty cool, I did black sand on one side and white on the other and they kind of mix in the middle around the divider. Going to move the two bettas in once the water gets to temperature and start a fish in cycle.

Attachments

• image-2654065448.jpg
    image-2654065448.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom