What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50% PWC on the 29 last night at 11:30, had mom and dad help so it would go faster it probably took around 10-15 minutes. Might get some loaches or something to eat the MTS because they're all over my dad has removed over 100.

(Anyone want some MTS?)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could get some Assasin snails...

With all the other snails, she wouldn't even see them.

Lol, it's mostly trumpet snails so basically just on the substrate. When the lights turn on in the morning it's crazy tho.

Wow, that is pretty sweet, you got the flower growing from your Barclaya. Show it off when it opens! That's a nice plant.

Topped off SW from evaporation.

Thanks! I'm really excited about it, I've never had the plant before and both of the ones I have are budding.

Didn't do anything with mine this weekend but I went to the Audobon Aquarium this weekend for my birthday. Extra fun came from my boyfriend pretty much looking at everything and asking if its something he could put in his tank. I'm giving him a tank for his room and he is super excited about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Didn't do anything with mine this weekend but I went to the Audobon Aquarium this weekend for my birthday. Extra fun came from my boyfriend pretty much looking at everything and asking if its something he could put in his tank. I'm giving him a tank for his room and he is super excited about it.

Happy birthday!! It's great when you can infect others with the love of aquaria.

I hope it is a BIG tank! lol

Thanks, kittycat! And autumn, he's getting most likely a 20 high, so for the most part my answer was "no" (or, "honey, those are saltwater fish"). Soon we are going to make a trip to the lfs so he can look at some more suitable fish. Apparently my enthusiasm for fish is contagious. He had just as much fun as I did. And in January he is planning on taking me to the Atlanta aquarium!

I did my weekly water change and took a pic of my 3 day old guppy fry. They haven't been eaten as there is lots of plants to hide in :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411329703.579503.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411329713.743229.jpg

Started feeding the Piscine Energetics PE Freshwater Mysis Shrimp the fish are really liking them.

I found a berried Chocolate colored Cherry shrimp which has inspired me to search around here locally for a couple more and see if we can get a nice line going!!!

Cleaned the FX6 yesterday and watched my yellow and blue angel spawnImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411345570.734380.jpg

Too busy all the time.

Did 20% pwc on my 15G SW had to move some coral frags because either the water flow or the Hermit crabs knocked them off.
30% on the Macro Algae vase and the 5G Macro Algae Chi

Did 25% on the Blue Velvet Shrimp/ Celestial Pearl Danios 12G Edge tank

Cleaned out all the snail poop from the Aquafarm tank that is just holding grow out plants and snails. Trying to decide to add my Scarlet Gem Badis to the 16G or the Aquafarm, but I have to be out of town for a week and a half pretty soon so I think for now maybe just keep the fish in already running tanks. Wait till I get back.

Cleaned out a bowl /vase that had a water lettuce and moss with a few native pond snails.

Yesterday I gave my Plecos some algae rocks I have been growing in the water bowl in the garden. Boy were the little Mystery snails right there! And then the Plecos finished them off pretty quick!

Going to be working on a new tank/stocking list for a family member and next month we will see where we will be headed... probably FW but maybe salt.

Pwc on my vampire shrimp tank changed a few things around for them. Adding new shrimp tomorrow, one in their tank and some in my big guy's tank.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Removed some of the dirt from above the gravel in the 29 gallon tank

illed SW 5G and 15G for evap.

Fed some more algae rocks to the Plecos. Cleaned out water bowl in the garden.

Cleaned out the 37G Jebo which was just sitting 2/3rds empty waiting to decide its fate. Did a complete scrub so it is sparkling clean now and all dried ready for a SW, a new FW or a new owner???!

1/3rd pwc for 72G added Potassium and Calcium to the tank to keep the kH measurable and maintain pH that I have been having problems with.

Need to do a canister filter clean out this week on that one.

Also contemplating to do a complete clean out on the 6.6G Edge tank to clean the substrate but mainly to get rid of the excess MTS.

I have one Angel that is causing all kinds of trouble with the tank mates:facepalm: Argh. Now I need to figure out what to do about that.

Woot woot! Added plants to my 33 and it's finally relatively clear!

Emerald76

Back
Top Bottom