What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water changes on both tanks yesterday, my two female platys are pregnant again... Found a RCS I thought had been eaten so she's now in with the fry.

Just finished my weekly large PWC on all my tanks, and sat down for the night just to get a robocall from the water company to boil all my water before drinking.

I checked their website, a sample from 6/15 showed elevated levels and they're over chlorinating to fix it. I hope the dose of prime was enough to take care of it. I'll be testing my water in the morning.

Slade said:
Just finished my weekly large PWC on all my tanks, and sat down for the night just to get a robocall from the water company to boil all my water before drinking.

I checked their website, a sample from 6/15 showed elevated levels and they're over chlorinating to fix it. I hope the dose of prime was enough to take care of it. I'll be testing my water in the morning.

You can always overdose prime, better than chancing the chlorine.

Took all the Anubias out of my tank after my Africans that are growing up decided to tear them all apart. Then I did a water change just to clear things up a bit.

Did an 18 gal pwc on my 55. Took out a little hornwort and java moss to take to my sister tomorrow as well as a couple MTS. Hopefully the airlines don't care that it's packed in my checked bag. Dosed my API leaf zone.

Convict2161 said:
Took all the Anubias out of my tank after my Africans that are growing up decided to tear them all apart. Then I did a water change just to clear things up a bit.

Oh no! That anubias looked so cool. Im sure it looks great wither way though :)

George9 said:
Oh no! That anubias looked so cool. Im sure it looks great wither way though :)

Yea didn't wanna do it but they were getting beat up bad and all torn up. I had to face reality and do it. It actually looks more I dunno like where they would come from. I know the area of Malawi really has no green.

As to not go off topic. Here's the link to my tread about it. It has pics. Lemme know what ya think.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/got-rid-of-all-my-anubias-what-do-you-think-212244.html

Last edited:
Re aqua shaped my 28 bowfront.
Im not sure if I like it, but my l-200 does. :)

Went and bought my new 55gal tank well its new to me bought it used..cleaned it out , cleaned off the stand , n started cleanin the decorations off n all the driftwood ..fed my other fish n will finish up cleaning my tank once i get back from the hospital..knew as soon as i started cleanin it she as gonna go in labor...

ForumRunner_20120619_015027.jpg

kjacks said:
Went and bought my new 55gal tank well its new to me bought it used..cleaned it out , cleaned off the stand , n started cleanin the decorations off n all the driftwood ..fed my other fish n will finish up cleaning my tank once i get back from the hospital..knew as soon as i started cleanin it she as gonna go in labor...

Pretty tank, and congratulations!

Thanks...its gonna look better once i clean most everything off n add it all back in i have to replace some of the under water system some of the tubes were broke n had some rusty i have to replace some tubes and stuff...n my sister is actually n labor cause i noticed i failed to mention that...lol

I bought two African Dwarf Frogs for my daughters 5 gallon tank. She is so happy.

Added a tree root/stump decoration and some plants to my 29g. I was shocked at what a difference it made! I love it.

Before and after pics attached.

Attachments

• image-3977959894.jpg
    image-3977959894.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2316363523.jpg
    image-2316363523.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 107
My Japanese Trapdoor Snail is digging himself a trench in the substrate. Not sure what it means. I know my assassins go underground to digest. Not sure what "Creature" is up to. :ermm:

PilotGav said:
Added a tree root/stump decoration and some plants to my 29g. I was shocked at what a difference it made! I love it.

Before and after pics attached.

I love these root decor things!

Did normal PWC, added liquid frets and noticed algae growth on my fake driftwood thing. Not that its a bad thing, looks more realistic.

Added our first fish!

8 Harlequin RasBora's
2 blue Guppies

All are loving their new home!

Attachments

• image-3595123745.jpg
    image-3595123745.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2742836885.jpg
    image-2742836885.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 81
Another 50% water change on my 75g after ripping all the plants out and moving some decor around and adding a nice piece of driftwood I made a little mess so once again OCD kicked in. Water is clearing up nicely. Also added a fresh bag of carbon and polishing pads to help it along.

image-2460330695.jpg

Back
Top Bottom