What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I planted some plants I got, and I love them! Redid Co2 mixture to build up some pressure, refilled evap from tanks and scrubbed algae. Pretty much just normal maintenance.

Thats a fantastic idea autumn. I just walked in from the barn and it never occured to me ti do that. Brilliance i say..... Pure brilliance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Strongly agree with this. HGTV all the way! Second choice is the plywood for the hinged doors. I don't understand cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fish order arrived this morning including my first ever tetras:

img_3261282_0_bf381d00c3f01dd70599bd4c5d218c3b.jpg

Their colors look great with the peacocks and furcatus :flowers:

now I like that idea (y)

oh btw turn the 42 bow front into salt and I'll give you my 37bow front for the fresh water see problem solved lol (y) I even stand for it :cool:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so many tanks! I will think about this... :brows:

Well fun fish day yesterday. Swapped out a couple Leather frags in part for a Older Mr Aqua 11.7G. It came with a cute strong stand with frosted fish and seaweed designs on the glass doors, with a hobbyist locally. It is of course the rimless but he made a lid for it, nicely done.

Have to run off to work but the quick version is went to the CAS meeting and got to judge the bowl show entries with my friend.

At the end was an mini There were twice as many awesome things because last months meeting was a picnic, no mini auction.

Got a pair of bowl Champion blue green Metalic Guppies for $7!

A huge water lily for a pond for 6 or 7$ with a flower on it to see what color complete with bucket. Now I need to put up my pond again!

And 6 locally raised Melini Cories, from little tiny to pre adult!!! for $20.00 So darn cute!!! I love them already!

A Betta for $2.

10G Whisper internal filter new in box for $5.

~15 Water Lettuce small to large size for $3. Trimmed the up to 18" roots to about 8" so they don't get sucked into my pump motor and added to my water fountain for the moment. Boy do I miss my pond...

Did 75%pwc on the new 6.6G Edge - added the Guppies and the Cories as a QT.

Put Betta in half filled 5G bucket till I finish moving things around. He is blue and yellow kinda - since he was so stressed out he was pretty pale. Can't wait to see what color he really will be. He seemed more colorful today but in an Orange bucket hard to tell the color.

Did 2G pwc on the 12G Edge.

I really wanted a gorgeous purple with a hint of yellow tail Moscow Guppy pair but some cute little kids got them instead. Since the seller is a member I will maybe be able to get some more. I am reverting back to my childhood!

Pics in the next couple days, lots of work for the next 4 days.

So far everyone is looking alright.

Pretty darn excited to continue to get all the tanks upgraded and their inhabitants redistributed, lol!

got a 35 hex also ahh nothing to think about

just got done rebuilding power head and filter for my feeder tank the pump that was in feeder went into trash as it made water a 110* no wonder my feeders cooked and also fixed the big hole in the side of my skimmer they break easy after dropping it

Picked up a couple Amano shrimp for the 5.5 and planted a TON of hornwort that came today. Got so much that I'm giving half f it away to a friend of mine who is also into planted tank! completely satisfied with my tanks now. Co2 is working fine and plants are growing like crazy!

Currently debating the idea of doing a 20l. May start a thread on it once I get more money :D

Did a PWC on the 10 and rescaped dexters side with a piece of driftwood I bought from Triton +1 to him.

Considering rescaping the 45 with some rocks, but that will be a chore in itself...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a major cleaning and trim, with a 75gl WC on the big girl today

That tank is spectacular! I really need to get Discus. Also need to get an auto water changer set up or else It will be an issue.

Filled my lily water bucket by doing quick pwc on the new 6.6G and the 12G Edge and the 15G tanks using the seasoned water.

Filled for evap in 72G and added the little betta from the bucket into a big bowl so I can see him now the bowl is cloudy and still can't see him. Maybe when I get home from work. I didn't want to acclimate him to a new water, like the planted bowl I already have on the table since I am short on time right now. That has so many plant roots I probably couldn't see him anyway, lol.

Added a bag of Christmas Moss I got last week in my trade and he's just swimming all over the place checking it out.

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!

Fed and off to work!

Very pretty!

Thanks! Colors look even nicer now that they're settled in the tank.

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!

I had one of those! Never ended up growing to full betta size but had him for close to 5 years!

Had a tank barely filtering and a few of the MTS snails were starting to crawl to the top, maybe to feed on the top, means something bad. Having a hard time not over feeding the new food it, is tiny - Golden Pearls I think. It spikes the water pretty good.

Cleaned out the filter, the sponge was mucky, water crystal clear though. I need to do a rescape on that tank, and my schedule just keeps me from doing what I know I need to! I ran out of Prime, think I have another bottle but can't find it. I used the last 10 drops in there. Rinsed out the filter sponge in a bucket of left over water I hadn't dumped out yet.

Bought some Aquasafe at the local grocery store, the lfs wasn't in my time budget - too far away, so that will work for fresh water but not any ammonia. Fed the Cories in the new tank a little glump of algae that was hanging off the edge of the filter out flow in the other tank, they bee lined right for it!

Blue Guppies are colored up nicely.

SW tank guys see well, fed the Urchin a big chunk of nori type sheet algae.

New sad little Betta has pretty color and comes right to me when I go near him. His bowl is 90% cleared up. Pwc for several tanks tomorrow especially his bowl. He has some nice aqua shiny blue color, unfortunately so scrawny.

edit: forgot to mention my SW Camel shrimp can now grab the pellets out of the water when I drop them in more than half the time!!! They are supposed to be pretty shy but they seem to be getting more bold.

Last edited:
Got a new filter for the 2.5 betta tank. Azoo mignon 60litre. Found out the heater on the 10 gal. Only works part time, so, going to get a new one soon.

Had a 45 gallon drip issue with noise reduction being the cause. I had put some panty hose over the outflow of the penguin to reduce noise, but I guess it started to catch water, cause it started dripping down the back at the 2 anchor points, causing white mold (*O*) on the back curtain, so, time for a wash xD. Need to work up a more permanent way to reduce the splashes....

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

That's awesome. Are they like baby brine shrimp size? If so I would suggest trying to suck them up and put them in a tank with just an air stone so the don't get caught in the filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's cool! I would take out the hermits and put a sponge over the filter in take so you can raise them! It's awesome that you got them to breed, I'm guessing this is an indicator for a healthy tank! :)

Wow, very cool.

Back
Top Bottom