What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 283474

Canister filter and diffuser came today! Canister is a bit bulkier than I wanted but that's ok. First time with a canister for me. Just hope I can hide all the equipment in and out of the tank. All I need to get now are ferts substrate, timers and a regulator with a Silenoid and bubble counter, but in already getting an Aquatek one. I am truly converting to the high tech side, as my wallet grows emptier and emptier.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aquatek Mini right? I have that one rigged on he 5.5 and works perfectly. Co2 control knob is super touchy though, goes from 0 to 100 real quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aquatek Mini right? I have that one rigged not he 5.5 and works perfectly. Co2 control knob is super touchy though, goes from 0 to 100 real quick.

Not sure yet, actually someone who I was consulting for planted tank help on Facebook hooked me up and said they'd give it to me since they had recently upgraded.

Yep I cycled it for about 3 months before adding a single betta for several more months. So from May to August it was cycling and late August I was given a betta and I decided to put him in the tank and he was the only fish in there from Late August to mid December

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay good. You may be fine with all those fish.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay good. You may be fine with all those fish.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nils knows whats up... He WILL Be good. Cant wait to see them discus, brotha. Good score

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nils? I be the one ordering the discus

Thats what i meant. Lmao... I read his thread right before this one. Brain fart. Sorry finny. You da guy.

Thats what i meant. Lmao... I read his thread right before this one. Brain fart. Sorry finny. You da guy.

Oh okay...thanks, I'll try my best and I'll send pics as soon as I get home from school maybe sooner if my dad sends me pics

Turns out it's a basic Aquatek with coolntouch, I've heard good things about Aquatek so I'm excited. I have a question for anyone with experience with canister filtration media order, I'm thinking coarse, then medium them finest then some matrix on top. Does this make sense? Keep in mind water enters from the bottom of the canister.

Been accumulating some bits & pieces to start up a planted 5 gallon. Going to try to collect some rocks for hard scape in the morning. Plants should arrive with my LFS's usual Tuesday shipment around 2-3pm. Hopefully tomorrow night I will have a picture of every thing set up and started.

Jesse

Turns out it's a basic Aquatek with coolntouch, I've heard good things about Aquatek so I'm excited. I have a question for anyone with experience with canister filtration media order, I'm thinking coarse, then medium them finest then some matrix on top. Does this make sense? Keep in mind water enters from the bottom of the canister.

In my eheim that does not have media baskets:

I run Ceramic tubes (looks like small pasta)
Course filter foam
Porous glass media that looks like cocoa-puffs
A layer of regular filter floss
and then a polishing pad if needed , most of the time no.

I run two canisters on a 90 gallon and they get serviced about once every two months. I service one and then a month I do the other , this way I am cleaning one a month and alternate between the two so it works out to actually being two months each filter.

Water crystal clear and never any issues doing it this way.

That is the great thing about canisters is you can stack whatever you need in whatever order you want for your particular application.

Big clean on my elephant nose tank, rinsed filter's and added new plants for him.
Pwc on my shrimp tank. Added a lava rock and 2 bamboo shrimp a couple of days ago they seem to be doing great ☺
Lot's off babies in the tank since I switched juwel filter off and just use my aqua flow which doesn't suck up my babies!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Installed the mini SunSun canister on the 10, got some crypts and water sprite for the 10 as well and filled it up.

Back
Top Bottom