What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
75% pwc on the 46g bf community tank. Found a variatus fry and put it in my fry tank with the white/orange, orange mickey mouse moons and my 1 guppy fry. I knew he was in there but only seen him once, then while I was doing the water change he come out and was exploring Redosed api aquarium salt. And got rid of my red tail black shark. He was harrassing all 3 of my rams. Not gonna let him stress 8-13$ fish. Had to take my big ship out just to be able to catch him cause everytime I tried he went and hid in it

Currently doing a 30% water change. Added a Red New Guinea Rainbow fish. He's a male and flashed his stripe when I rubbed my nose. It's yellow. We are going to get along just fine. Nothing like having a trained goldfish. He should have a mate. It depands on if he can outshine the other males in the tank for the affection of the female New Guinea Rainbow. She's kind of greenish and was sold as an Emerald Rainbow. $13.00 I couldn't afford. He has finally settled down and is swimming around.

I was busy busy today i got all my new stuff n for my 55g african cichlid tank so i added 60lbs of eco complete african cichlid sand , rock caves , filled it up .. waitin for the cloudness to clear up so i can actually set it up the way i want it ...

well, ive been putting together my 65 gallon saltwater tank since July.. im waiting on live rock and sand right now... so tonight filled it up with water to check for leaks make sure my stand was ok before i put in rock and sand..

Anyway, as i was filling the tank , about 3/4 full at this time, i went in the other room.. The next thing i knew the condo starting shaking,windows rattling, i had no idea what the hell was going on..Felt like a train just ran thru my place.. I thought maybe the stand was collapsing..glass ready to break, i had No clue.. Well it was a 4.6 earthquake right here in New England... The funny thing is i was more worried about the tank that ive spent months and tons of money on, than anything else :D

Added Java moss and lace Java fern to my fahaka tank. Hopefully the he wont tear up these plants. Also received my bottle of seachem excel today, so the plants will do even better and grow over my decor in no time.

Yesterday I set up my little 1.5 gallon tank to start growing some mangrove seedlings I ordered. Put some potting soil down, capped it with gravel, filled it with saltwater and then I set up a desk lamp with a cfl to shine on it. Pretty good little setup, I thought. Then today, the mystery snail egg clutch I ordered from someone came in and I facepalmed because I was planning on using it to hatch those and grow the babies out a little. It totally slipped my mind. So now the eggs are in a cup with a tiny amount of tank water at the bottom until I can get something else set up. They're hatching already, though!

pulled out my dieing flower pot
did a water change
than went shopping

came home with 2 nice rocks that I paid $75. for

the first one is what I replaced my flower pot with

img_2163201_0_2b1ee92693680339992f66ab6e1c39c2.jpg

this is the other rock

img_2163201_1_53803fa756994f46f13aa1c19a2d936a.jpg

than I had to rearrange everything to make room for all the new corals I have just ordered from my reef to yours

img_2163201_2_3ba764ac2685a3bfe2c1bf12de1a6e56.jpg

also got 2 new power heads
new test kit
tub of salt

now I just placed a order with R2G for more feeders
brine
myssis shrimp
pods
also some macros
and my replacement fish

I'll add more picts when it all comes

I was tempted to get a 60 gal breeder today at petco might go back tomorrow and get it
Its a buck a gallon

panic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! power outage transformer blew up down the street .....................thank god for backup batteries

Alyxx said:
Yesterday I set up my little 1.5 gallon tank to start growing some mangrove seedlings I ordered. Put some potting soil down, capped it with gravel, filled it with saltwater and then I set up a desk lamp with a cfl to shine on it. Pretty good little setup, I thought. Then today, the mystery snail egg clutch I ordered from someone came in and I facepalmed because I was planning on using it to hatch those and grow the babies out a little. It totally slipped my mind. So now the eggs are in a cup with a tiny amount of tank water at the bottom until I can get something else set up. They're hatching already, though!

I have a spare 10g you can have. It has a light and hood. You can run to Wally World and get a cheap filter.

Added more newly hatched mystery snails to my tank and noticed that my own mystery snails have laid a clutch in the tank. Looks like my 20 is getting thrown back up as a snail tank! My puffers will have food forever! And I'll have something to trade in at my LFS.

It's Thursday which = water test and change + football!! After completed the guys get a nice bloodworm treat! I swear its like crack to these fish!!!

Woke up tank was sti cloudy added a small amount of fish flakes to help my cycle then figured i would test my adjustable heater so i know i dont boil my fish once i add them.. turns out once i got home from work the tank cleared up n i had my water perfect temp... ::thumbs::

I did partial water changes in my freshwater tank and betta tank and started a 4 gallon shrimp tank!

Back
Top Bottom