What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just freaked out because the power went out. Just came back on and no damage done!

Did a 20% wc and moves some lr around and going to get some more lr for sump and some more cheato

General Maintenance

Maintenance Activities:
1) Removed Power heads (3), Cleaned with toothbrush.

2) Cleaned collection cup and neck of my Reef Octopus nwb150 Protein Skimmer.

3) Daily 4 gallon water change of saltwater. (Attempting to raise from 1.023 to 1.024).

4) Started planning a sump redesign.

5) Monitored fish activities

6) Adjusted standby time for protein skimmer by +1:00 minute on ReefKeeper to avoid water rejection upon standby restart.

7) Added a large piece of Coral Rock. My Goby loves this as it provides a multitude of caves and hiding places he enjoys.

Rescued my daughter's green spotted puffer from the filter intake. Poor thing was pinned against it with one fin stuck in a slot. Seems to be doing OK now though.
After the rescue I covered the intake with some filter pad material to prevent further torture.

- D

Flirted with Apache, my featherfin cat. He's been much braver recently and doesn't scoot away when I approach the tank. Now, he'll come right up to the glass with the other fish when I go over to talk to them. He still amazes me. He's such a handsome guy...... :brows:

Added 3 long fin leopard danios to my 55gal yesterday. My daughter named them Leo, Danny, and Spot. In a few weeks I will add 2 or 3 more.

Added 2 Acei to my 55 gallon,

and Added 5 Tetras 3 Oto cats to my 30 gallon.

I scrubbed off all algae and diatoms to make it suitable for tomorrow... my brother's graduation... and 100+ people are gonna come... gotta make the tanks look squeaky clean!

drained the bleach solution i had on it to wipe out an infestation,
tank, ornaments, rocks and ceramic media are now in regular tap water, and will add dechlorinator now to get this thing back into livable status.
then will set it up again and go thru a full cycle

fish are currently dealing with space constraints but had no choice.:(

Bought a red montipora and a 2 headed torch. Also fed the reef tank mysis shrimp and watched my new engineer goby eat like a champ

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Bought a red montipora and a 2 headed torch. Also fed the reef tank mysis shrimp and watched my new engineer goby eat like a champ

Awesome! I bet the new corals look great!

I haven't done nothing with my tank today. Crashed the work van and sitting in the hospital waiting for an on call lab guy to come in to give me a drug test. Ugh!

Today I bought a glass canopy and marineland led lights for my 55g. Did water changes in all the tanks. Just fed my fish and watch my dwarf gourami eat :)

Did my weekly 50% (actually 75%) water change for Titus. Barney will get a delayed water change until I get more internal parasite medicine.

I got lost in my tank staring at it. I always want to do something new with it, I never take the time to just get mesmerized. Yesterday I added my new brain coral. Really made it brighten up!

Back
Top Bottom