What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a 50-60% pwc on my oscar and albino african clawed frogs tank. Added a 6in bubblebar and took the airstone out. Scrubbed the walls. Added the gravel to the tank finally (didn't have gravel in it before because kermit (albino acf) was fighting some sort of fungus or ammo burn or something). Figured it would be easier to keep the tank clean if I could see the bottom and n e thing on it. Re arranged the decor and also put a different hob on their tank yesterday. Went to feed them and noticed the water was still.

Partial water change on the main tank, wee top up on Jupiter's 5 gallon with the left over water. Also, planted my vals while the water level was low. Then I enjoyed staring at the tank for ages. :)

I've been pulling the hairy algae off the rocks and I also moved the rocks around to create more space for future corals

Checked in on my crew. Noticed my male bolivian ram is overly active, kind of puzzling because he's just usually sticking to 'his' root decoration and kind of sulking.

Did a 2 gallon pwc on the oscar and albino acf's tank today just to get rid of the un eaten food cause the wife always seems to feed them too much and added some more fake plants to the 46 gallon bow front community tank :)

topped off my guppy and angel tank. stared at my 75 waiting for the cycle. cant wait to add fishies to it

i have so many guppy fry now, and I still have 4 more females to give me more :eek:

I can officially say I have a saltwater tank now! I've gotten the specific gravity in my puffer tank up to 1.024, after a year or so of slowly upping the salt content. My two and a half year old GSPs seem to be enjoying it. Next step, more rock.

Power went out 2:45 p.m.

I stay calm and put media into a bucket of tank water. And get my turkey baster and blow bubbles in the water. I also pour water back in to each tank so they stay aerated .

3:27 p.m.

Mom suggests ghost stories. And the power comes on for 3 minutes then flicks off again.
Moment of relief was burned.

3:50 p.m.

Power comes back on and i replaced the media.

I know its not anything compared to some peoples experiences, but i think i was more stressed than they were lol.

Now all the tanks are slightly clouded and I'm putting more filter cleaning on my calendar. Lol otherwise i didn't do anything.

Added a nice piece of driftwood and rearranged the live plants and the rocks. Also added a new diffuser for my pressurized co2.

Watching my flowerhorn get picked on by a blood parrot...shouldn't it be the other way around? Lol

Put my rock sculpture in my 58, and added my new bio wheel 350 filter to it. To get it to fit, I had to saw the corners of the outflows off. That was fun, my couch is full of plastic shavings now. I gave my aquatech 20-40 filter that I took off the tank to my neighbor. She has a horrifically overstocked 10 gallon (four large goldfish and a common pleco... I know, I've tried to explain things to her, but she is attached) and more filtration can at least help a little bit. And now to do some water changes.

Woo! Big water change on the puffer tank is complete! I rearranged their rocks and flowerpots and finally scrubbed the new diatom bloom and the salt creep off of their tank. It finally looks nice again!

Back
Top Bottom