What did you have for dinner today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
So being a working chef I am always interested in some of the creations people across the globe are eating. I like hearing about new dishes that I can research and attempt to make. My favorate cuisine though is definatley Thai. Mmmmmmmmm :) I would like to someday like to open an Italian/Thai fusion restaurant. Well I guess ill go ahead and start.

I made fresh homemade salmon ala-vodka with peas. I went a little crazy flambeing the vodka though and startled my wife sitting on the other side of the counter. LoL.

ForumRunner_20130704_202046.jpg

Mmm got some left overs for tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm making chicken tikka masala. Yummmm! Last night I roasted a chicken with red potatoes and broccoli and made creamed spinach and brown rice with onion and mushrooms. The leftover chicken is going in the curry tonight!

Hot dogs and BBQ potato chips. Nom nom. Nothing fancy but works great at the lake ;)

Nice!

I'm making chicken tikka masala. Yummmm! Last night I roasted a chicken with red potatoes and broccoli and made creamed spinach and brown rice with onion and mushrooms. The leftover chicken is going in the curry tonight!

Sounds good I like curry!

I ended up making less of a tikka masala and more of a generic curry. Thought I had the stuff for tikka but I didn't. So a mix of red and yellow curries, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and chicken. It was delicious! I've made it a point to keep a few curry powders and pastes around and a few cans of coconut milk in the fridge so I can always throw a quick curry together. When I plan to make it I pick up some plain yogurt to add. I love love love both Indian and Thai curries and I've learned to make a few variations of each. I make a killer green Thai shrimp curry - even a 17 yr old picky eater loved it (my old roommate's little brother.)

I love to cook. I have definitely considered going to culinary school and becoming a chef, but between working as a server and remembering how things were when I was little and my dad ran a restaurant (with me, the namesake of the place, underfoot), I'm not sure that I would love the stresses of the restaurant business for the rest of my life. I've had many people suggest I open a bakery or a restaurant though.

I'm at it again. Bought my 4th piece of driftwood and am boiling away. It's a cool corner 'V' shape. I have a weakness for dw:)

Yeah like some bacopa, flame moss, mabey some HC and then throw in a handful of sakura shrimp some snails and a few frontosas you should have a pretty good tasting soup.

That's what I told my boyfriend we were having for dinner last time I got a bunch of driftwood. Since I already had it boiling on the stove.

I was boiling rocks one day and my wife came home asking what the beck I was doing and I said I'm making rock stock for the base to the soup for dinner lol she looked very perplexed.

I'm at it again. Bought my 4th piece of driftwood and am boiling away. It's a cool corner 'V' shape. I have a weakness for dw:)

WOAH! I put this in the wrong place, I was meaning to put this in the 'what did you do with your tank today.' could a mod please move this thank you. I feel like a goof ball for doing this.

I had a feeling that's what happened, lol.

Oh, and leftovers were not eaten tonight. My boyfriend gave me puppy dog eyes and asked for the pancakes that I've been thinking about making for like a week now, so I made them. Pancakes from scratch, bacon, and eggs. Very tasty!

Nice! I love salads, especially in the summertime. If I can get some grocery shopping done this weekend (my car is in the shop, so I can just hope my neighbor needs some groceries so we can stop on the way home from work) I plan on getting some nice greens.

Sunday I'm planning on roast beef poboys on homemade French bread, probably with homemade potato chips. I LOVE the mandolin slicer I got for Christmas... Ever since I moved out family has gone from giving me clothes I hate and makeup I don't wear to giving me kitchen gadgets and I love it. Last year I got a mandolin, a food processor, and a spice rack.

Back
Top Bottom