What do i need to start a reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I just looked at it again and it does say simulated, I thought those corals were real my bad

yeah, i followed his build thread so i knew exactly who you're referring to when you posted the question. it's a great DIY build. did you know that he wrote some apps for his use to control all the equipments in the tank remotely via an Ipad? he's a beast!!!

yeah, i followed his build thread so i knew exactly who you're referring to when you posted the question. it's a great DIY build. did you know that he wrote some apps for his use to control all the equipments in the tank remotely via an Ipad? he's a beast!!!

What! No I didn't thats crazy! Absolutely amazing though, I'm hoping to build my own some day when I get a house and settle in properly, the flat I live in just isn't big enough for a custom build. Not what I want anyways lol

What! No I didn't thats crazy! Absolutely amazing though, I'm hoping to build my own some day when I get a house and settle in properly, the flat I live in just isn't big enough for a custom build. Not what I want anyways lol

yeah, he's a software architect or something along those lines. so it's very easy for him

it's funny how i read this thread when i just got a handed down 30gal tank with live sand and some live rock. i would like to know what are some good starter fish i can try. any takers?

ps. i don't have a powerhead or a skimmer. i don't know if i need a powerhead for FOWLR

Gobies, fire fish, and of course clownfish. Go to liveaquaria they give minimum tank size and care level.

I'm hoping to get mine sorted by Christmas so it seems a long time away but I want to get the biggest tank I can afford which will allow me better choices in fish and such without having to upgrade at a later stage.

Not sure if there is already a thread for this but I must have missed it if there is, I've only been a member here since yesterday lol. Good luck with yours chance hope to see pictures as soon as its set up

Christmas is my deadline too

Christmas is my deadline too

I think I might wait till I can afford to spend a couple of grand on the tank equipment and fish and do it right rather than buying abit at a time and it not being what I want

The Mrs. Will kill me for spending so much but she'll love it when it gets some nice colourful fish in it

I think I might wait till I can afford to spend a couple of grand on the tank equipment and fish and do it right rather than buying abit at a time and it not being what I want

The Mrs. Will kill me for spending so much but she'll love it when it gets some nice colourful fish in it

Haha I feel ya

I would keep your eye on Craigslist. You never know when a great deal on an entire setup will show up. Last year I stumbled across an entire 120 setup. Tank, lights, stand, 300 lbs of live rock, sump, return pump, fish and coral all for $600. I was the 2nd person to call about it and I bought it the next day. The tank alone brand new would have cost me more than that.

I would keep your eye on Craigslist. You never know when a great deal on an entire setup will show up. Last year I stumbled across an entire 120 setup. Tank, lights, stand, 300 lbs of live rock, sump, return pump, fish and coral all for $600. I was the 2nd person to call about it and I bought it the next day. The tank alone brand new would have cost me more than that.

Yeah I got a 90 gallon drilled with protein skimmer and wet dry filter and a whole lot of just stuff he had in the tank like 2 heaters 2 working powerheads etc and it was only $200

Back
Top Bottom