What do people think?? Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SarahW

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60 litre tank and want to have a colourful community. I'm thinking of
Neon tetras
Platys
Duboisi tropheus
Siamese fighter - red or blue
Red zebra danios

Can anyone tell me how these will go together and what numbers to get? I'm going to start with the platys.
Many thanks

Your neons and platies will be fine together, I had a Siamese fighter with neons and platies and they got on fine, but the fighter did like to have a hiding place (he ended up living in my car air ornament!).
I've no experience with the others, but platies should be in a group of at least 4 with a 3:1 female:male ratio, and neons should be in a group of at least 6.
Hopefully someone with more experience will help with the others :)

Hi Sarah

Bare in mind that Platys are live bearers so you would need to be prepared for them to multiply fairly rapidly. I would recommend buying a breeder box so the other fish don't eat the fry. I have neons and red Platys and they are absolutely fine together. As others have said, buy at least 6 neons as they shoal and do best in groups. If you have very clean water and a well maintained tank, their colours are brilliant. A word of advice on the SF, these are known to be territorial and can bully other community fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom