What do you do for a living?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still In school but when I graduate I plan on going to collage to became a "fish and game officer"

Right now I wait tables and train new servers. It got me though college, but I've graduated and now I'm looking for a job in the mental health / healthcare field so I can get some job experience and try to finance graduate school! If I can't find a job in the fields I want, I'll take pretty much whatever I can get. I really need a change.

High school senior. Going to study health science and one day become a doctor!

Jake337 said:
High school senior. Going to study health science and one day become a doctor!

That's the same thing in planning on doing. I'm only a junior though so I have more time to plan.

jackwagon said:
That's the same thing in planning on doing. I'm only a junior though so I have more time to plan.

You guys are heading in the right direction for a job that will definitely support a fishkeeping hobby. :)

jackwagon said:

That's awesome! Yeah its my last year and I'm stocking my schedule with all science.

Jake337 said:
That's awesome! Yeah its my last year and I'm stocking my schedule with all science.

Hah me too my second semester I have anatomy an independent study (pharmacology) and chem 2 all honors and chem 2 is college credit!

I'm a service manager at the biggest RV dealership in Louisiana. My job is rather stressful so my tanks offer me a peaceful escape for the day.

jackwagon said:
Hah me too my second semester I have anatomy an independent study (pharmacology) and chem 2 all honors and chem 2 is college credit!

You have a full plate!

I took honors biology 2 in high school for college credit. This was how the class went-

teacher: "well I have to turn in grades. I'm just going to ask you guys questions and you tell me the answer and I'll give you an A."

I was like- ok? She didn't even ask each person a question... But everyone got an A. Slacker teacher! I wish it would have been a little more challenging. Then I might have actually learned something. All I learned was that cutting the skull cap off of a fetal pig almost made me vomit.

Just Graduated college and got a job at an insurance broker, however i am leaving because i got offered a job at a human resources consulting firm

Bearchumjs said:
You have a full plate!

I took honors biology 2 in high school for college credit. This was how the class went-

teacher: "well I have to turn in grades. I'm just going to ask you guys questions and you tell me the answer and I'll give you an A."

I was like- ok? She didn't even ask each person a question... But everyone got an A. Slacker teacher! I wish it would have been a little more challenging. Then I might have actually learned something. All I learned was that cutting the skull cap off of a fetal pig almost made me vomit.

My high school bio teacher rarely even knew the answers to her questions. Despite tossing notes back and forth to each other through the whole classy friends and I had to correct her on something pretty much every class. Also, while dissecting our fetal pigs, a friend of mine made the mistake of opening his mouth while trying to get the eye out for extra credit and it popped. He did vomit.

When I posted for the first time I forgot to mention my other job, which is much more awesome. When the Louisiana Renaissance Faire is going on, I work for Corsets by Casta Diva helping people pick out corsets and fitting them. In other words, I tie girls (and the occasional guy) into corsets all day long.

I operate under the guise of many masks...

From August to May I work at Texas A&M Corpus Christi with the Harte Research Institute as well as the general Biology department. When I was still in school up until last year I worked with Texas Parks and Wildlife in the Fisheries department - I was in the hatcheries program working on game fish stocking and sustenance in the lower Gulf Coast, before that I worked in the fisheries genetics lab at the HRI. I did that gig from the year after my bachelors to the year after my masters. I am not sure if I am going to continue here after this year, I am looking into some other avenues so we shall see what happens.

I work part time during the school year and full time during the summer as a customs forwarder for an international relocation company. If someone is moving overseas, I am the one who arranges sea/air freight, port coordination, inland transport, and mainly getting the containers into/out of Customs. During the summers the company moves me up to Houston where I work at the Port. A couple of our largest accounts, Shell and Schlumberger move alot of individuals in/out of Houston so there it is busy busy busy during the summer when everyone is moving. It is interesting work, we can reach out and touch anyone anywhere in the world through our various partner companies.

When I am in Corpus I play bass trombone with a few various regional orchestras, bands, jazz groups, playhouses, etc. It keeps my nights occupied and is probably the thing I enjoy most. I play a few other various instruments when the ensemble requires it (tenor trombone, bass trumpet, tenor tuba, etc.). I have a technical degree in instrument repair and used to dabble in that, but it is on the back burner for the time being.

For the moment those are my occupations as you could call them. In the past I have worked as a wildlife photographer for some magazines, a camera salesman, a research lab scientist, a BMW mechanic, a diver at the Texas State Aquarium, a concert pianist, and who knows how many odd jobs when I was a wee lad in high school.

Time marches on, I'm sure many other obscure professions will creep up on the list as I become a small elderly man.

MrPillow said:
I operate under the guise of many masks...

From August to May I work at Texas A&M Corpus Christi with the Harte Research Institute as well as the general Biology department. When I was still in school up until last year I worked with Texas Parks and Wildlife in the Fisheries department - I was in the hatcheries program working on game fish stocking and sustenance in the lower Gulf Coast, before that I worked in the fisheries genetics lab at the HRI. I did that gig from the year after my bachelors to the year after my masters. I am not sure if I am going to continue here after this year, I am looking into some other avenues so we shall see what happens.

I work part time during the school year and full time during the summer as a customs forwarder for an international relocation company. If someone is moving overseas, I am the one who arranges sea/air freight, port coordination, inland transport, and mainly getting the containers into/out of Customs. During the summers the company moves me up to Houston where I work at the Port. A couple of our largest accounts, Shell and Schlumberger move alot of individuals in/out of Houston so there it is busy busy busy during the summer when everyone is moving. It is interesting work, we can reach out and touch anyone anywhere in the world through our various partner companies.

When I am in Corpus I play bass trombone with a few various regional orchestras, bands, jazz groups, playhouses, etc. It keeps my nights occupied and is probably the thing I enjoy most. I play a few other various instruments when the ensemble requires it (tenor trombone, bass trumpet, tenor tuba, etc.). I have a technical degree in instrument repair and used to dabble in that, but it is on the back burner for the time being.

For the moment those are my occupations as you could call them. In the past I have worked as a wildlife photographer for some magazines, a camera salesman, a research lab scientist, a BMW mechanic, a diver at the Texas State Aquarium, a concert pianist, and who knows how many odd jobs when I was a wee lad in high school.

Time marches on, I'm sure many other obscure professions will creep up on the list as I become a small elderly man.

That's alot of professions!

I am an environmental scientist seeking employment. My last job was tagging bull trout for the USFWS, and I am currently putting in volunteer hours with a local zoo and a cat shelter. I also make and sell jewelry online, and I paid what I could through college doing gardening.

Back
Top Bottom