What do you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i gots an oscar i call him spike cause hes so much like the puppy i never had

I dont really name my fish, unless they really strike me as having a certain "something" My oldest cory's name is Harry. And we named our pleco Mr. Hooper. I want names for my other fish, but unless I find something I think is really cute, or suites them very well, I wont name them.

I like these names :) .

I never named my fish as I have SO many guppies!

Its cool that some of you guys do!

Pathetic I know but I name every one of my saltwater fish people names. Yellow Tang = Corrine, Blue Damsel = Darwin, 3 Lined Damsel = Molli, Royal Gramma = Roxy, Fire Goby = Aries, Hermit Crab = Ray, Green serpant starfish = Solomon, Blue Tang = Bria, Peppermint Shrimp = Miquel, Christmas Wrasse = Tiki, True Percula Clownfish = Odysseus, False Percula Clownfish = Chumly

Then I have my piranha, Fluffy.

My beautiful opague halfmoon betta is "White Cloud", the red halfmoon betta is "Red Emporer", a red halfmoon crown betta is "Spanish King" and a white halfmoon crown betta is "Snow Crown". These are the most beautiful betta I'ver ever had. When the Red Emporer flares, he makes the other 3 looks like his subjects :turn-l:

For the most part, we call our fish by their scientific names. However, the male bettas are Ketchup and Blue Cheese.

2 Panda Corys - Mocha and Latte
Gourami - Mr. Blue (he's blue)
Pleco - Plato (he looks wise and philosophical)
The oldest of my 6 Cherry barbs is "Peat" (he had a buddy, "Repeat" who died so I got him 5 friends, but they are unnamed)

4 Otos - Hoover, Kirby, Squeegie, and Sump or Swiffer, depending on the day. :mrgreen:
5 Rainbowfish - Moose (after Webmoose), Sneezy, Grumpy, Doc and Sleepy

Menagerie,
It was a special request by Webmoose...I was looking for names for my new Rainbowfish and he suggested "Moose". :D

My girlfriend named my goldfish Molly. I call my cories "The Cories" and my plecostomus has hidden under a rock for 5 weeks - I don't know him well enough to name him yet. I once had two bettas - one named Thor cause he was slow as lightning, the other named "Male Betta X" because that's what his cup said when I rescued(bought) him. My sister murdered them both. Some rescuer I turned out to be. :D

I named my irredescent shark Fluffy after all he is a cat fish. The glowlights are Chris he has a attitude. Buck is a goof ball and flirts with everything in the tank. Josiah is huge for a glowlight. Nathan's darker then the rest. JD's the little one and the skinny one that hangs out by himself alot is Vin. The neon that hangs out with them is Ezra. My very own magnificent seven.

Back
Top Bottom