what do you think about this stocking plan? 30 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kim_luvs_fish.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i am getting a 30 gallon sometime and here is what i plan to stock it with:
5 bleeding heart tetras,
5 serpea tetras OR black skirt tetras(please help me decide),
5 silver hatchetfish,
4-5 panda corydoras,
3 sunset coral dwarf platys,
1 dwarf gourami and like 5-10 cherry shrimp.

what do you think overstocked? the filter is the aqueon qiuet-flow 55(for 60 gallons), and the heater, well haven't decided yet, most likelly will be glass. and in case you were wondering yes it will be cycled before i add any fish.

That sounds good to me. Personally I'd go with black skirts. (I have some, and I love them!) the hatchetfish might be an issue... But I'll wait for someone else to chip in there.

I would have to say the serpes sorry lauren, but I have them an my tank and I love them they are active and beautiful. I do think black skirts are pretty too. I have white skirts and they don't do to much, so I guess it depends on if you want active or partially active fish.

TraceyB4602 said:
I would have to say the serpes sorry lauren, but I have them an my tank and I love them they are active and beautiful. I do think black skirts are pretty too. I have white skirts and they don't do to much, so I guess it depends on if you want active or partially active fish.

Ya, I like serpaes too, I just have the sweetest little black skirts on earth. They're piranhas at feeding time though lol.

i would personally just go with 10 bleeding hearts (or 10 of one of the other types) instead of the others. they should really be in groups of 6+... the bigger school the better.... they will be much happier and school better. JMO. make sure you have a lid for the hatchet fish, i've heard they are jumpers. they're pretty nifty little fish, though.

Sounds good and would go with serpaes i think coloring is better than the black skirts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom