What does blanched mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have asked this question in several threads where it was mentioned nut no one ever responds so I am creating a thread to do so. What does it mean to blanch something like lettuce?

So it just means boiling it? If that's the case why don't people say boiled lettuce instead of blanched lettuce?

Okay I just googled it (should have done that before) so you bring the water to a boil then put the vegetable in for 30 secs then put it in cold or ice water to stop the cooking. Thanks!

Okay I just googled it (should have done that before) so you bring the water to a boil then put the vegetable in for 30 secs then put it in cold or ice water to stop the cooking. Thanks!

I feed my Swordtails Zuchinni...I boil if to two minutes or more...until it is somewhat soft...they have no teeth...but still holds together...they eat a one inch cube in 24 hours...I have three, each about 1 and 3/4 inch long and about 10 babies.

Back
Top Bottom