What filter do i have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tfain

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a 150 gallon tank and it came with the filter and stand. The filter has 2 tubes that I guess hang over the edge of the tank and go to the I guess it's called slump tank. It has no power to it. He gave me a bag of blue balls to put in it and he also gave me 2 small little things that screw to the inside of the tank I guess. Can anyone tell me what I have

img_1582818_0_560e4d1beb2b7cc3a8015da7435e72e4.jpg

img_1582818_1_c20db2edb7d9b234d66be77fb368872c.jpg

that is a sump, where you see the white crating you could put those bio balls i personally preffer using refugium rubble did it come with the over flowbox? if not you might have to buy one, the over flow will connect to the sump which will mostlikely be located underneath your tank. here is a link to my set-up both my overflow and sump where made by me i bought solemly the parts for it which was way cheaper than buying the commercial line products total for me on the build was around 70 bucks. itl be cheaper for you because you already have the sump part just need the over flow check this vid out the pvc pipes in the tank are my home made over flow. home made overflow and refugium sump - YouTube

Do I have to have a pump cause the guy didn't give me one

you will have to get a return pump the have a pretty cheap one at petco that does 450 gallons per hour for like 60 bucks brand is aqueon.

Back
Top Bottom