What fish can live with 10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 10 gallon tank and i want to know what fish can live with it but i don't want any jumper fish cz i don't have any lid

--------------
:fish2::fish2::fish2:
--------------
:thanks:

As long as you have your waterline dropped 1-2 inches from the top of the tank then you should be relatively fine with almost any fish without a lid.

You could do 1-2 medium fish like a gourami or betta as a centerpiece fish and then have a small school of nano fish like neon tetras, pygmy cories, or a few danios. You could also do 3-5 livebearers (depending on size) like guppies or platies or mix them with the above combinations.

As long as you have your waterline dropped 1-2 inches from the top of the tank then you should be relatively fine with almost any fish without a lid.

You could do 1-2 medium fish like a gourami or betta as a centerpiece fish and then have a small school of nano fish like neon tetras, pygmy cories, or a few danios. You could also do 3-5 livebearers (depending on size) like guppies or platies or mix them with the above combinations.

Betta fish are natural born jumpers. A dwarf gourami is a good choice. Look into galaxy rasboas. Beautiful nano fish.

you should totally get chili rasboras. nice red color small size and are not jumpers and also like low light tanks

Any nano fish would be a good choice for a 10g but I do not suggest nano fish with non-nano fish. I would not suggest a DG with Celestial Pearl Danio's as the CPD's are very shy fish and can easily be outcompeted for food. I have a 55g and 24g nano fish tanks and there are many good choices of nano fish you can use.

Celestial Pearl Danio's
Chili Rasbora's
Neon Rasbora's
Ember Tetra's
Scarlet Badis
Spotted Blue Eye's
Dwarf Pencilfish
Burmese Rosy Loaches
Pygmy Multi Striped Loaches
Dwarf Anchor Cats
Clown Killifish

These are just a few species of fish you could use in a 10g tank.

Back
Top Bottom