What Fish Go Well With These

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie Boi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello Im thinking about getting
1x Red tailed shark
1x Siamese fighting fish
3x Clown Loaches

and Im just wondering what kind of set up i would need and what Algea eaters go well with these :dance: also does anyone have any ideas of any pretty fish what go well with these and is it safe to put live plants in here any ideas will be greatly appreciated.:thanks::cool:

P.S ( also my take is 60 gallons )

hello Im thinking about getting
1x Red tailed shark
1x Siamese fighting fish
3x Clown Loaches

and Im just wondering what kind of set up i would need and what Algea eaters go well with these :dance: also does anyone have any ideas of any pretty fish what go well with these and is it safe to put live plants in here any ideas will be greatly appreciated.:thanks::cool:

Hi there...
What size tank are you thinking? Most sharks need about 50 gallons minimum to grow into. Not sure what best to put with a shark as far as other bottom feeders. Your shark will stay close to the bottom so getting the right algae eater will be important as sharks can get aggressive as they grow.
Siamese fighters can be iffy. I have several females in a community aquarium but it doesn't always work out, especially with males. Gourami are In the same family as betta and are beautiful fish which could be alternative to a betta for you. Some people would never mix betta with gourami or any other fish, but then there are people here who have both gourami and betta in the same tank, as well, so this is a good place to get some opinions, advice, and do some research.

Hi, how big is your tank? If it's big enough, I'd suggest maybe a pleco, tetras, platys, mollies, Chinese algae eater, corydoras, debauwi catfish, all of those go well with what you have listed. Be careful with your fighting fish though, don't get any guppies or anything like that, he'll probably kill them because of their tails, he'll mistake them for another male fighter

Go with a rainbow shark not a red tailed, rainbows are somewhat more peaceful and very similar in appearance

Of your doing a brighter color scheme I would go with an albino brittle nose pleco or just the common BN if your on a tighter budget
common BN: $10
Albino: around 20
If your doing. Darker setup I would recommend starlight, green phantom, blue phantom, or.. If your bit on a budget...a blue panaque
^$40

Blue panaque 50-60 $

Also check out the gold nugget pleco ($40 )

You should not have 2 clown loaches in a 60 gallon. They need to be in schools of at least 4, and about 125 gallons. I would stick with the small plecos like the bushy nose or rubber lip.

Really any pleco besides the common would be happy in a 60

But clown loaches are a big NO

If they are going to be healthy they need a school of 5 plus in at least 150 gallons

I would go with a rainbow shark instead of a red tailed shark due to them being a lot more peaceful then red tailed sharks

Back
Top Bottom