What fish will survive in a 14 gal BioCube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scala

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Being brand new to tanks of any kind I believed dealer #1 (there are only two in Jacksonville) who told me that I could keep two clown fish in a 14 gal. BioCube which is the only size that I want to consider at this time.

A few days later dealer #2 tells me that a single clown needs at least a 25 gal. tank and calls the plan of dealer #1 idiotic.

Needless to say that after having spent $500 in various supplies I feel somewhat confused. There is 20 lbs of live sand and 15 lbs of Fiji live rock in the tank and I've just added water/salt.

Question is if I should continue down this path (nothing but a pair of clown fish will do it for me) or if I should take the tank back to the dealer and cut my losses.

What do you advise and thanks for taking the time.

A lot of people have different opinions about how many fish you can have per gallons of water. I have seen a few 14g that have 2-3 fish with corals. If you have enough live rock and are religious about water changes then I do not see a problem with having 2 clowns in a 14, Just use your best judgment. I hoped this helped you out a little bit. :D

A pair of Amphiprion ocellaris or A. percula would be fine. I'd also consider a goby/pistol shrimp pairing in addition to the clowns.

Thanks all.

I'll be researching the Amphiprion Ocellaris and the Goby shrimp.

I just read that the gobies are great cleaners and DSB aerators. Will one of them impact the well being of the two Ocellaris? Too many fish?

Gobies and clowns are best. No more then two fish but plenty of coral.

Back
Top Bottom