What happened to the aquarium hobby ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add a filter or change more water (get a bigger tank :whistle: ) It is water quality in the end, and if you had big fish which needed a bigger tank, of course, and you do not.

When it is stable, plants help with the job of cleaning the water too, and you watch the parameters. You may find low Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate.

Those fish are all pretty small and with weekly care you are fine and likely fine if you were having a stable matured tank/filter with plants. Call me crazy. But it is just dependent with your tank and how it is running.

If you had long trips away from home, a visitor who doesn't know fish to care for them and no one changing water, then no, not a good idea.

According to AqAdvisor.com , which is a conservative tank estimator, you are stocked well as you are. With a 1/3 or so pwc per week. (I just guessed at a filter option) Also depending upon which filter you use. An AquaClear hang on the back/ HOB is adjustable flow and a 50 would work or a 30.

It is your tank and you make it like you want and are comfortable with. Merely suggestions. (y)

My local Pet Smart now had the Harlequins in stock and since I was already in that part of town, I got one more....before they were sold out again......so, I now have 5

It is quite smaller (younger) than the ones I already had and it seems to be settling in....and is slowly getting color back
My planted tank is most likely the best home it ever had.

However, I believe that that pet Smart just got them in last evening and they were again moved / stressed today. So, it may take a day or so for it to completely get back to normal

EDIT......
It is now eating along with my other fish.
I was a bit worried about it as it was evidently so stressed .

BTW I presently live in an apartment so, a bigger tank is not an option.

Back
Top Bottom