What has happened to AA??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted to post this thread because I just saw a case of horrible bashing on a user. I remember when I first joined this forum, everyone was so nice and gave such good advice. Now I have seen multiple cases of people bashing others for all the mistakes they made. I am just wondering where the old AA went. Now I am getting to the point where i don't wanna comment on a thread in case I start getting bashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That sounds like cyber bullying. Yes, people get into fish keeping because they think it will be easy. They don't cycle, their fish choices are horrible, too small of tanks, not enough filtration. We need to remember that we have all been there. We all go to the pet store and take their advice, come home, get started, all the fish die or get sick or there's too much algae, fish grow too big. It's our job to guide them and help them in their time of need so they learn and can truly enjoy the hobby. It's a shame if people are being rude, unkind and bashing others. I hope you reported the posts that you have seen.

I am not sure. I joined a few months ago, and now my posts go unanswered and I see other users on other posts being bullied or people replying rudely. My last post about hard water got no replies at all, which is why I am leaving the forum. This place is a ghost town.

AA is still a good site but every once in a while we still get a bad apple. You can do us a favor and report any incidents that you see like that. We go by the" be nice rule" and do not tolerate any type of bullying or flaming. Everyone has the right to state their opinion or experience without being flamed. Lets All help AA to continue to be the best.

I am not sure. I joined a few months ago, and now my posts go unanswered and I see other users on other posts being bullied or people replying rudely. My last post about hard water got no replies at all, which is why I am leaving the forum. This place is a ghost town.

Sometimes repetitive topics can be overlooked, personally I passed over that thread because a simple google search would have led you to what you've already answered in this thread;) this is the most active/informative/friendly forum I've seen, my fav by far..

I just wanted to post this thread because I just saw a case of horrible bashing on a user. I remember when I first joined this forum, everyone was so nice and gave such good advice. Now I have seen multiple cases of people bashing others for all the mistakes they made. I am just wondering where the old AA went. Now I am getting to the point where i don't wanna comment on a thread in case I start getting bashed.

I think I know what you may be referring to.. sometimes things get carried away, sometimes people instigate,.stir the pot, troll.. whatever you want to call it.. I've been here a little over a year and it kind of gets old.. some great members have vanished, I'd suspect they got tired of certain Noobs and their arrogance and poor overall attitude.. none of this excuses bashing.. sometimes it's tough to convey a stern tone through text and it's taken the wrong way. Sometimes I forget not every one knows I'm pretty sarcastic at times and like to crack jokes.. i rarely intend to directly insult..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This place is far from a ghost town, it's one of the most active aquarium forums around. Posts can tend to get buried because not everyone can answer the questions, particularly when they are about water chemistry. When new posts are piled on top then the unanswered threads can be missed.

In every online community on the planet there will be people that argue. It's an inescapable fact of communities. If there's something that bothers you go ahead and report it, the admins are good at managing the problems that arise.

What would be good is a section on the phone app that notes unanswered threads.

this forum is extremely active based on what Ive seen at others. The bash sessions like the ones you are refer to rarely happen but when they do its often due to trolling. Sometimes when someone arrogantly continues to believe that they are right despite an overwhelming response that they aren't it gets people going.

this forum is extremely active based on what Ive seen at others. The bash sessions like the ones you are refer to rarely happen but when they do its often due to trolling. Sometimes when someone arrogantly continues to believe that they are right despite an overwhelming response that they aren't it gets people going.

+1 hmm thought this thread got closed?? Just cleaned up I suppose:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You hit the nail right on the head.

Back
Top Bottom