What in the %#+*?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eco23

Aquarium Advice Addict
IMG_2981.jpgView attachment 1

Hey guys. 22 long, planted Beta tank. Eco Complete substrate with low light plants and driftwood. 0/0/5. Fish gets 3 pellets in the morning and 2 at night. Has been set up about 3 months.

I purchased "active sponge filters" about a month ago, and shortly after started seeing long strands on plant leaves.... almost looks like giant fish poop.

Tonight I took a close look and realized my take is ALIVE with all sorts of things. Some look like small worms which wiggle through the water (see picture), and there are hundreds of tiny little things jumping around which almost look like fleas.

Any clue what I'm working with here? Planaria? Daphnia? Both?

And the strands on the leaves have to be related but don't seem like they move, and they're large!

Advice appreciated.

Weird. That saltwater pic isn't mine. Not sure how that showed up. Here's one of the worm swimming- IMG_2982.jpg

That's what I'm thinking after doing more googling... no clue what they're eating. Single Betta in 22 gallons, fed sparingly with weekly water changes.

Wonder if they eat on the driftwood or some sort of nutrient in the Eco Complete?

Back
Top Bottom