what is in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heh I completely forgot to add whats in my tank...

45 gallon tall - One 4-5 inch tiger Oscar and a 4-5 Red Oscar, and a 6-7 inch black pleco

29 Gallon long - The current pleco that will be added to the 45 in two days, and a green spotted puffer which will be given to a pet shop tomorrow... Need to tear down tank because parents can't take care of it, whiel I am away at college, and only have room for the 45 gallon in my tiny apartment.

*starts laughing*

Hit the s key instead of the d key huh Electrobes? LOL

Heh, if you want to edit that, just hit the edit button up on the right corner of your post. I could edit it myself for you, but I'm SO amused *grin*

55-gal
1 adult male angel (used to be 2 mated pairs, one male injured his female beyond recovery, lost the extra adult male and the other female for unknown reasons following 6-day power outage from hurricane)
1 male dwarf gourami
4 otocinclus
4 peppered cory cats
2 black phantom tetras
7 serpae tetras
7 white cloud minnows
1 cardinal tetra (lost rest of school during nitrate spike months ago)
2 adult nerite snails and a few babies
Heavily, heavily planted

12-gal Eclipse
3 dwarf (Malabar) puffers
4 tiger barbs
1 rubbernose pleco
2 ghost shrimp
2 Amano shrimp
lightly planted

15-gal Eclipse
1 dwarf gourami
3 pygmy cory cats
2 mystery snails
Unplanted

10-gal Q-tank
Shrimp and snails
Moderately planted

44-gal
Setup ready for lake Tan biotope. Sahara sand substrate (buffering) and petrified coral rock (buffering), with CC in the filter, with escargot shells for neolamprologus multifasciatus, which are currently growing out and I will hopefully get soon. This setup effectively raised my pH from 7.2 out of the tap to 8.4, with no chemical additives. When I get the multis I will add at the same time juvenile neolamprologus Brichardi, probably some kind of synodontus cat, and corkscrew vals.

90 Gallon with 16 variation of African cichlids, couldn't begin to list actual species. Only 2 are remotely similar, pattern only though, the colorations are still way different on those two. It also contains a common pleco about 8-9 inches.

75 gallon - Updated: This tank is empty now. Huge ammonia spike of unknown origin, the battle was lost. Cycling until ammonia drops to near 0 before new stock. Old stock: 6 young Bala Sharks (KIA), 6 beuros aires tetras (KIA), 1 pink kissing gourami (Moved to 29G below), 1 rainbow shark (KIA), 2 dojo loaches (KIA), 1 betta (Moved to 29 below), 1 common pleco (Moved to 20L temp tank)

29 gallon with 4 long finned zebra danios, the only survivors from my very first tank and the reason I never listen to a word the pet store says any longer. (Had a beautiful tank original. One problem. OVER STOCKED.. And they told me it was perfectly ok.. You learn though.). 1 gold gourami, 1 opaline gourami, and 1 dwarf gourami. 8 glow lite tetras. 1 pink kissing gourami. 1 betta. 6 african dwarf frogs, and 10-20 ghost shrimp. I'd love to add some black mystery snails and/or some form of crabs to this tank. (Suggestions for crabs?) UPDATE: 3 black mystery snails added.

10 gallon with gold fish and golden algea eater.

new.. 20 Long, in use as an emergency holding tank while 75 is recycled. Will eventually contain 2 water dogs (salamanders). Suggestions on other critters that may be compatible are much welcomed.

25 gal
- 1 male, 1 female blue mickey mouse platy
- 1 male, 1 female fancy guppy
- 1 female barb (rosy? ruby?) - brand new gift!
- 1 teeny weeny snail

10 gal
- 3 sunset platies - a mom, her first-born son, and a new baby!
- 1 algae eater (recently banished for aggression :( )

1.5 gal
- male betta

I'm hoping to add the 3 platies in the 10 gal tank to the 25 gal tank. (Fairly sure there's enough room - pls feel free to reassure/correct me, as I don't want to overstock) I think I'd like to use the 10 gal as a QT tank, or for my betta, or for if I ever want to save any guppy/platy fry. Yet to decide!

jeez tankgirl you should just waterproof your living room and let em free. You too ferret!
75 gal
1 Plecs 8"
4 Zebra Danios 6"
4 BS Tetras 5"
8 Tiger Barbs 12"
1 Male Swordtail 2"
1 Male Red Wag
/ Swordtail 2"
6 Fem. Wags 6"
6 Lemon redeye 6"
3 Yo-Yo loachs 5"
1 Dojo loach 4"
1 Sm. Albino Frog 1"
1 Fem fiddler 1"
3 Black Mollies 6"
2 Gold Dust 3"
2 Blue Rams 4"
11 Dalmation
Molly Fry 3"
MTS snails

55gal
1 Tiger Oscar 12"
3 MTS

10 gal QT
2 Apple Snails
10 MTS
1 Plecostamus

New fish distribution for me:

*26g* 6x Cherry Barbs - 6x Male Guppies - 1x HATL Tetra (does not play well with others) - 1x Bushy Nose Pleco

*10g* 6x Female Guppies - 2x Dwarf Gouramis - 2x HATL Tetras (trying to grow back fins) - 2x Cory Cats - 2x Oto Cats

Most of the Guppies are Feeder Guppies that did not get eaten after I tried using them as food. Luckily, they should not grow past 1.5 inches each. My wife keeps wanting new Fancy Guppies and it gets frustrating for me to keep saying no because I do not want to overstock :(

The lone Tetra in the 26g used to be in the 10g tank and was very agressive and beat up on the smaller ones constantly. Now that he is in the 26g, he seems extremely depressed and barely swims. One Tetra left in my 10g tank is missing most of his fins, so it will be a while before he can be moved. The other HATL Tetra and a Gourami will be moved into the 26g tank soon once I get some Java Moss in it.

*new sig*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom