What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTruck6o2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just looking close to some of my rocks and i noticed on one of them it looks sort of like a little anenome. the are about half the size of a penny it looks pretty translucent as far as the body goes, but it has little antenna looking things comming off the body with brown cicles on top. i tried taking pics of it but i couldnt get a clear enough pic to actaully be anymore help then my description was. TIA

it sorta looks like that..but the bulbs on the end are brown and it doesnt have arms comming out of the whole thing, just around the outside edge of it. ill keep trying to get a pic but they all turn out blurry cause its so small.

heres a picture i got of one on the glass, again not the best picture but its the best ive been able to get. maybe it will help, hopefully it does.

Attachments

• untitled_114.jpg
    untitled_114.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 85
then maybe thats what it is haha. they just started appearing everyone on my brother tank, the glass, sand, rock, i figured if it was a type of coral it would kinda be in one area.

On the glass?

Hmm, got me. A cup coral lives in a stoney skeleton and would only be on your rocks. If it's on your glass and spreading over the tank, they are probably majano anemones or aptasia. Not desirable. I had gotten some lr that had baby majano anemones on it and they were translucent. And having reread your post, the brown circles on the body makes me believe this is what they are. Sorry I missed that the first time around. Is your pic one of the larger ones? Or is there larger ones you could post a picture of?

that pic is actaully of one on the glass and it was the largest one i saw...i dunno why everything looks green but its really clear. but i dont see any bigger ones anywhere.

I would say majano anemone... Do a search on google and see if it pops up.
You want to get them out of the tank asap when they take off you will have hundreds of them. I have been trying to nuke them with kalk wash for over a year. Just when I thought i was a head they came back with twice as many... I now got joes juice and I am winning the war(knock on wood) I nuke about 20-30 a week and it has been working very well. I got another 60 or so to knock off before I will say that i won the battle.

sounds exactly like aptasia to me. I used hot water to get rid of mine. Some peppermint shrimp will eat them also.

Back
Top Bottom