What is my best bet for a 29 gallon setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikesfishtanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright here's my deal, I've had a little 10 gallon set up for awhile now and I feel like I'm ready for an upgrade. Now I've settled on a 29 because 1. I'm only 17 and don't have a lot of money and 2. My room can only accommodate a 29. Now with that being said I want some advice on what to put in it, I've been thinking about cichlids but I'm getting the feeling that 29 is too small, I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask the experts here. Am I better of doing a tropical aquarium again or can I do something like cichlids or rainbows or whatever. I just wanna know what the ideal set up is for a 29 gallon tank
Thanks for any advice

You could do dwarf cichlids like rams, apistogramma, kribensis, shell dwellers etc...

I thought about those but I heard that they were very sensitive

Kribensis are pretty hardy, same goes for Bolivian rams. The German blues can be kinda tough but aren't to bad. I've never kept shell dwellers. Also the kribs and rams can go in a community tank

Could I do a tank of rams only or do they do best in communities?

I mean you could keep just a pair in that tank but it would look pretty empty. You may be able to get away with a male and 2 females but 2 pairs would for sure fight.

Okay I'll look into shell dwellers and see what I come up with I appreciate all the replies
Any other opinions are welcome thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom