What is the best kind of feeder fish to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crusch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been feeding rosey red minnows, I now hear that minnows have something in them to slow growth in your fish. I don't like to feed gold fish due to their high ammonia. They also said guppies are not good protein. so what should a guy be feeding his fish? whats the best?

We feed our cichlids and catfish rosey reds and feeder guppies. Just depends on which is available at the time. I've never heard of any issues with live feeders other than they could have ich or something. Honestly, they don't last long enough in our tank to be a threat. The carotenes in reds and goldfish are considered "color foods", meaning they help bring out the colors in the fish that eat them.

We feed our cichlids and catfish rosey reds and feeder guppies. Just depends on which is available at the time. I've never heard of any issues with live feeders other than they could have ich or something. Honestly, they don't last long enough in our tank to be a threat. The carotenes in reds and goldfish are considered "color foods", meaning they help bring out the colors in the fish that eat them.

good to know thank you

what fish are you feeding? the best feeder is one you raise your self. this way you know you have healthy fish to feed them and you can gut load them to make them a little more healthy. feeder fish are good for snacks here and there nothing more.

what fish are you feeding? the best feeder is one you raise your self. this way you know you have healthy fish to feed them and you can gut load them to make them a little more healthy. feeder fish are good for snacks here and there nothing more.

I'm feeding a red tail barracuda and a rocket gar

Back
Top Bottom