What is the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a personal choice I think. i happen to like my biocube alot but was looking at the JBJ as well when I was deciding. have you looked at them yourself in person? That might help you decide. :)

I have, just undecided. Just wanted to get input from people who have owed one or more. What kind of up grades would I need

You wouldnt "need" anything with the biocube. I chose to add a media rack and a fuge instead of the bioballs. You'll need a powerhead and maybe a heater. Otherwise it's all included.

The jbj is all included except for a heater and a power head. Are you going to fw or sw? If saltwater are you going to do a reef tank? The aio are all pretty much the same the biocube light doesn't open as easy as the jbj that is why my friend got a jbj. I might have a finnex I got it used from someone that got it used. Whatever it is it is a great little tank, I used a ac70 on it and a compact fluorescent 96watt. Only 8 gallons it looks like this one Finnex 8 Gallon Setup (Tank + 24w Light + Filter) - For Sale or Trade - Aquatic Plant Central

If it is your first tank it is easier to go with an aio.

Back
Top Bottom