What is the longest you can Leave your Tank unattended ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EL Diablo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I am going camping over the week-end and I will be away from my
tank for 56 hours

Fri: 16 Hours
Sat: 24 Hours
Sun: 16 Hours

I figure if I feed my guys good Fri morning they will be fine when I return
home Sunday afternoon to feed them. I have no one to feed them for me.

I checked my water levels today and everything is on the money as usual.
I have my lights on a timer.

So is this OK? or am I at risk here?

My fish are listed in my sig. Some eat pellets some wont. All of’em eat frozen brine.

What is the longest you have been away from your tank unattended?

Thanks- EL

You can leave them unfed for the weekend especially if you have lr. In fact it is better to leave them unfed than to have someone who doesn't know how to feed them. Less is safer than more. Plus you don't have to worry as much about ammonia spike from overfeeding.

Evaporation is a much bigger concern than feeding.

i have done it for 3 days. just amke sure that the sump water level dose not go down so the pump gose dry. i did a few test runs in the week before and would see what woudl ahppen if i did not do any thing to the tank for 3 days.

I don't have a sump.
and I don't have too much Evaporation.
It's good to know you can take that little break every now and then.

It's good to see others have left their tanks over week-ends

Hope everything is fine when I get back.

Thanks

I only feed my fish every two or three days when I am home, so you will be fine. As already mentioned, evap is the bigest concern. ust top-off before you go and you will be fine. If you have grazers hang a piece of nori or seaweed salad in the tank before you go so they can eat it on fri. I woul dnot worry about a thing. If you are worried about the off chance of a mechanical malfuntion have a friend or neighbor check in on Sat.

Back
Top Bottom