What is this called?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_4109.jpgDoes anybody know what this is called? Or how/where I can purchase it? It's 1 1/4" in diameter and was in someone's overflow to keep critters out.... I've found a really cool use for it that I'd love to share if I can find more!!!!

It looks like the things that go in the core of the cylindrical pleated filters (to prevent them from collapsing). I might have seen that in a pool store.

You can get stainless steel ones for intakes. You can make your own from intake sponges like the kind from Edge prefilter sponge and cross stich plastic canvas.

View attachment 299098Does anybody know what this is called? Or how/where I can purchase it? It's 1 1/4" in diameter and was in someone's overflow to keep critters out.... I've found a really cool use for it that I'd love to share if I can find more!!!!

looks identical to the strainer I just replaced in my dishwasher

also looks like a filter strainer that goes on the end of the intake tub

also brought back memory's of when curlers were in those were the scary days:D
yes I'm old I remember coming in late one night to my mom waiting at the door with a head full of those:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom