What is this creature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ac1447

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I bought plants online and quarantined them but I did not do a good job because now I have baby Snails (I think pond Snails) and these weird looking creatures in my tank (see photo). I don't mind the Snails since I had none in my tank before and did research learning Pond Snails can quickly take over my tank so I will ensure not to overfeed. But as for these little guys I can't find anything that looks like them, they don't move around too much and at first I thought they were fish feces but now I am seeing them out and about. Has anyone seen these before?

Attachments

• IMG_5342.jpg
    IMG_5342.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 160
They look like the fry of some sort of fish! do you have any clearer pictures? Perhaps they'll survive and you'll get to see what they become!

They look like the fry of some sort of fish! do you have any clearer pictures? Perhaps they'll survive and you'll get to see what they become!

That's what I thought too maybe fry of some sort. I tried to get clearer pics but they are super tiny. Could they be newly hatched Snails? I found some circled up into a ball

Attachments

• IMG_5343.jpg
    IMG_5343.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5348.jpg
    IMG_5348.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5346.jpg
    IMG_5346.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 163
They can only survive under water in the first stage. But these look a little different to me but it could be that they are fish. If they dramatically evolve over the next few days then they must be a bug.

They can only survive under water in the first stage. But these look a little different to me but it could be that they are fish. If they dramatically evolve over the next few days then they must be a bug.

Yeah so strange I'll keep my eye on them to see how fast they evolve hope to see what they are soon :)

They look like fry.
Eggs are often transported on plants from some fish.
They will die in the gravel.The curled one is dead already?
Fish Fry 99%

They look like fry.
Eggs are often transported on plants from some fish.
They will die in the gravel.The curled one is dead already?
Fish Fry 99%

I don't know if the curled up ones are dead I hadn't seen this many until today and they don't move around too much. Too bad they will die I wanted to see what type of fish they were

You could try and catch them and raise them up in a separate tank if you have a spare one around.

If they are fry they will need food and the gravel could trap them.
That is only reason I suspect they would not live.Skinny fry need to feed often.
I would look in the plant closely and carefully.Some fish lay eggs every day so you could more hatch every day for X time?

If they are fry they will need food and the gravel could trap them.
That is only reason I suspect they would not live.Skinny fry need to feed often.
I would look in the plant closely and carefully.Some fish lay eggs every day so you could more hatch every day for X time?

Yeah that's a good idea I saw some clear little circles in the gravel by these little guys I'll check my plants. I am just becoming aware of the tiny organism world in my tank haha

I do, I'm afraid to hurt them while transporting them

Im thinking suck them up with a turkey baster. They 100% look like fish fry. Im guessing maybe cories as they like to lay their eggs on leaves. hard boil some eggs and feed them the yolk

Im thinking suck them up with a turkey baster. They 100% look like fish fry. Im guessing maybe cories as they like to lay their eggs on leaves. hard boil some eggs and feed them the yolk

I'll try this thanks !

Those are definitely fish fry I have them in my tank as well my guppys breed like crazy and that is what theu look to be

Hey guys I was able to move about 7 fry and a dozen eggs to my 5.5 gallon tank with the turkey baster method and so far so good! I shut the filter off and I've been feeding them yolk from a boiled egg I also added a moss ball from another tank :)

Does anyone know how often I need to do a water change?

Attachments

• IMG_5386.jpg
    IMG_5386.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5387.jpg
    IMG_5387.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5385.jpg
    IMG_5385.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom