What is this growing on my rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not the hair algae, I've been battling that for awhile now and I'm just starting to get it under control. But this stuff is growing on the rocks of 2 corals I got from the same store some zoas and a mushroom I have no idea what it is1490965566731.jpg1490965572681.jpg

kind of looks like Calothrix algae but hard to tell , blue/green with kind of a slight slimy hairy/fuzzy look almost looks identical to dino's , it may have bubbles present through out the algae ,
you may want to look on this diagram see if it looks similar .
nuisance-algae-id-guide

Last edited:
That guide was very useful, thank you. It is absolutely no doubt Dictyota. It's cooking out those mushrooms and zoas pretty bad. I tried to manually remove it earlier today so hopefully that helps

That guide was very useful, thank you. It is absolutely no doubt Dictyota. It's cooking out those mushrooms and zoas pretty bad. I tried to manually remove it earlier today so hopefully that helps

that was going to be my second guess , a urchin will make short work of it
probably faster than some hermits,

I actually have a urchin in there haha his name is Steve, but he's been distracted by the hair algae issue I've been having. But I'm hoping that's just about fixed by now

Back
Top Bottom