What is this hairy thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
Seriously it looks like hair/Moss can I get an ID, should I keep it? Also that tank sprung a leak and now I need to change it I want a 30 but I'm not allowed to yet. Anyways when I get the new tank should I keep the snails that are in the tank or allow them to die. There's around 100. I feel bad that's all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1417328282898.jpg
    1417328282898.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 267
I don't no what type of moss it is but it starts to form on my tank I just pulled it of but my opinion is that it looks nice in a tank if it forms on the rocks not the glass

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What kind of substrate should I do btw? So I am switching the substrate to sand. I have read people using a "fluorite and home depot play sand" substrate. Is that ok? My tank is not too heavily planted so will that create the toxic bubbles? Finally i have a bunch of MTS, should I let them die or keep them? And if I have any buyers, how should I go about switching my tanks over?

You should save them if you want or just give them away but I can't say what substrate to use a rock should be fine it is attached to the rock right

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom