What is this on my polys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pest glass anemone called majano. To remove, use a product like aiptasia-x or joe's juice. There are also reports about shooting boiling water/lemon juice into the mouth being effective as well as reports of peppermint shrimp eating them. I would lean away from adding livestock to solve the issue though.

I had quite a few of them recently. I just used aptasia-x on them!!!! Worked like a charm!! Be ware of the aquarist that say douse them in calcium!! You could destroy your reef!!

I am not sure about safer. Lol. It has never caused any fluctuations in my two tanks. I use it for control all the time. I have used the boiling water and lemon juice combo. I tried that first as I hate adding anything to my tank that may have a chemical in it. It didn't work for me.

Yes. I've murdered aiptasia with the stuff, watched it fall into the mouth of my carpet anemone where it didn't kill it off. Fallen on other polyps as well without issue.

Back
Top Bottom