What is this please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kbeezy83 said:
That looks like a duncan getting blasted by current to me, can't really tell though

Isn't Duncan a hard hard coral this isn't looks like a anemone

Sure looks like a duncan to me...meatier stalk than, say, aiptasia...big full thick thready head....
Duncan.jpg

p-47901-duncan.jpg

i'm gonna guess majano anemones. it's not a duncan. they don't come in red and green.

I really think its a duncan in bad shape only because of the green stalk on it. It probably looks red-dark pink because it's shriveled up. I have a little two head Duncan just way more fluffy. Alot of similarities . I'll post pics tomorrow

Isn't Duncan a hard hard coral this isn't looks like a anemone

Yes duncan's are hard corals. The 'stalk' part of a duncan is actually coral skeleton covered with tissue. Coral polyps and tentacles are always soft tissue.

If the stalk is hard to the touch then it's a duncan. If the stalk can retract or is soft to the touch (or moves slightly with the water flow like the stalk of a toadstool leather) then it isn't one.

There also appears to be a smaller one to the left of the larger one. Did you purchase this or is it a hitch hiker?

Back
Top Bottom