What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater reef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased this fish because he was a amazing colored angel. I thought this was an emperor fish as he was labeled but his markings are unusually weird

Attachments

• image-1014095297.jpg
    image-1014095297.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 110
Saltwater reef said:
I purchased this fish because he was a amazing colored angel. I thought this was an emperor fish as he was labeled but his markings are unusually weird

It is an emporer that is not quite 100 % through with it's change from juvenile to adult coloration.

The thing is this is a close to a full grown emperor, but yet it's a mix of the wild blue colors.

Saltwater reef said:
The thing is this is a close to a full grown emperor, but yet it's a mix of the wild blue colors.

It is not ful grown, these fish get to be approx 13" in length.

It's been a long time since I looked them up, but I do not believe they will outgrow their tank. What size tank do you have it in.

Cool fish. I have once that is in earlier stages of changing but not as far along .my emp is 3 inches how big is that one ?

Sweet I can't wait for mine to change more. He has changed a lot but still no yellow lol. It's been hard finding out the timeline of change and pics that I can ask what size they are to gauge my emps change since some will not change in captivity .

O yea without a doubt he should finish his change fine . Well if you don't mind keep us updated on how it progresses. I have heard it's 8-10 months total time to change and would be curious to known how long to ur guy finishes .Also if you go to the getting started section and find the thread porc chops tank I think the second to last page has comparison pics of my guy since April.

reefrunner69 said:
It's been a long time since I looked them up, but I do not believe they will outgrow their tank. What size tank do you have it in.

Unfortunately fish do not stop growing based on the size aquarium they are placed in. They will keep growing until they reach their adult max size.

Back
Top Bottom