What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon05r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. First post. Have a 28g Nano Cube CF Quad. Just finished cycling last Wednesday. Added a Percula, Six-striped Wrasse and Royal Gramma. Got home from work this evening and saw this white dot on one side of the Gramma. Biggest fear is ich (obviously). Anyone have an idea what it is/advice?

Attachments

• image-636197124.jpg
    image-636197124.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1259590783.jpg
    image-1259590783.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 75
I had this on my tang, turned out to be cauliflower disease, food soaked in garlic and good water changes cleared it up for me. IMO ich would be several spots and smaller plus spreading to other fish..... Good luck!

Reanea03 said:
I had this on my tang, turned out to be cauliflower disease, food soaked in garlic and good water changes cleared it up for me. IMO ich would be several spots and smaller plus spreading to other fish..... Good luck!

Thanks for the response, Reanea03. Phew - hopefully that's all it is! Forgive my ignorance... how does one "soak food in garlic"?

I used Kent's garlic extreme (liquid concentrate) and followed the directions on the bottle.

Reanea03 said:
I used Kent's garlic extreme (liquid concentrate) and followed the directions on the bottle.

Awesome. Thank you so much again.

Back
Top Bottom