What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
This brown stuff that's floats a little in my tank and that covers the sand. What is it. It appears quickly again even after I clean my tank.

image-1318510006.jpg

image-803744197.jpg

image-1432579337.jpg

It shouldnt come back as fast as you say, whats your cleanng schedule like? You could add a little power head or increase filtration for more waater movement. As far as i know its just fish,food waste etc.. it really wont harm anything to much except make nitrates go up some and be an eye sore.

It shouldnt come back as fast as you say, whats your cleanng schedule like? You could add a little power head or increase filtration for more waater movement. As far as i know its just fish,food waste etc.. it really wont harm anything to much except make nitrates go up some and be an eye sore.

Okay I do a 50% water change a week. I struggle to get to it with my siphon because of plants but I can still get some. I have two filter an ac 30 and a c3,

Okay I do a 50% water change a week. I struggle to get to it with my siphon because of plants but I can still get some. I have two filter an ac 30 and a c3,

It is really easy to suck it up its almost like a fluffy powder. So by.just increasing flow on the sand will stop it from laying down there. You can try adding filter floss to a filter or polishing pads. That stuff is so fine it may just go right threw your filters

Back
Top Bottom