What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cora.The.Queen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This sort of film has been collecting in my tank, there's a small layer of it on top of the water, when the water from the filter goes over it, it breaks into pieces and floats around, this tank has been cycling and I'm planning on stocking it this Sunday, but I don't really want to do that until I know it's safe for fish to be in itIMG_2073.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2074.jpg

I see you have white gravel.

Ill bet anything its the residue from the white gravel. Use to happen in my white gravel tanks.

Get a piece of cheese cloth and skim it . mix your gravel up and I bet you more will come up.

I see you have white gravel.

Ill bet anything its the residue from the white gravel. Use to happen in my white gravel tanks.

Get a piece of cheese cloth and skim it . mix your gravel up and I bet you more will come up.

Do you think it will affect the fish I'm planning on adding this weekend?

Do you think it will affect the fish I'm planning on adding this weekend?

That's hard to say without knowing what it is. Residue from processing the gravel? Maybe. A thorough vacuuming should help.
You mentioned cycling in your first post. Can you elaborate on this?

You could try some Filter Fiber, it will help in catching any debris. I stick it right on top of my HOB. Works great, when it gets dirty remove and replace. Water Crystal Clear.

You could try some Filter Fiber, it will help in catching any debris. I stick it right on top of my HOB. Works great, when it gets dirty remove and replace. Water Crystal Clear.
FYI, you can get this at Walmart as "stuffing" fibers. You can find it in the craft section.

Back
Top Bottom